H4 - Travelling to India when H1b extension applied

Satish26

My H1b and my wife's H4 visa is valid until December 5 2017. I will be eligible to apply for H1B & H4 extension in July 2017. But my wife is travelling to India this August 2017 and returning back to US late September. 

1. Can I apply for my H1B extension alone without applying for H4 extension this June and apply for H4 extension for my wife after she returns from India in September 2017?

2. What would be the best option if she definitely has to travel to India in August and return in September?

Thanks

19 hours ago, Satish26 said:

My H1b and my wife's H4 visa is valid until December 5 2017. I will be eligible to apply for H1B & H4 extension in July 2017. But my wife is travelling to India this August 2017 and returning back to US late September. 

1. Can I apply for my H1B extension alone without applying for H4 extension this June and apply for H4 extension for my wife after she returns from India in September 2017?

2. What would be the best option if she definitely has to travel to India in August and return in September?

Thanks

1. Yes, you can do that.

My suggestion for you is to apply H-1 extension in premium (in case USCIS opens premium processing) in July 2017, and your wife can take that approval copy along with her in August and get the stamping done. You can save on H-4 extension fees and also she can have a 3 year stamping done while she is in India.

Archived