Anybody got H1B receipts - H1B transfer applied on April-27

Anybody got H1B receipts - H1B transfer applied on April-27

Sent petition - April-27

Fedex conformation - Delivered on April-28

I am transferring to new company and they applied for H1B transfer, Joining date is May-22.

I would like to know the timelines for receiving H1B receipts# 

I submitted extension documents on April 26 to California service center  and received  notice on May 05. So i hope you should receive it some time this week. I too applied for transfer on May 05 to California service center. Please let me know if you receive receipt notice.

On 5/9/2017 at 9:07 AM, skumar4 said:

Can we not work until we receive the receipt number? Or can we since we have the LCA approved?

LCA has nothing to do with when you can work. LCA is something that's needed for your h1b application. You can work once theres confirmation of your application being received by USCIS. Most companies take the H1b receipt as confirmation and so allow you to work once they receive the H1b receipt. A handful of companies don't interpret it that way, and take the Fedex delivery receipt as confirmation and allow you to work then. it really depends on the company and their policy for how they interpret that rule.

I'd like to share my timeline for my H1b application. I am currently working at a company and applied for H1b transfer to another company. This was to the California Service Center.

Submitted all the requested documents to the lawyer on 4/24/2017.

Attorney submitted LCA - 4/24

LCA Certified - 5/1/2017

H1b filed - 5/1

H1b receipt received by attorney - 5/11/2017

I'd already given notice to my current company 2 weeks ago, will start working for the new company on 5/22 on the H1b receipt.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/16/2017 at 2:04 PM, srjusc said:

I'd like to share my timeline for my H1b application. I am currently working at a company and applied for H1b transfer to another company. This was to the California Service Center.

Submitted all the requested documents to the lawyer on 4/24/2017.

Attorney submitted LCA - 4/24

LCA Certified - 5/1/2017

H1b filed - 5/1

H1b receipt received by attorney - 5/11/2017

I'd already given notice to my current company 2 weeks ago, will start working for the new company on 5/22 on the H1b receipt.

Got word from my attorney today (6/6/2017) that my H1b is approved with a notice date of 5/31/2017

my H1 transfer initiated last month on 15th may, on the 1st June my attorney said that request form USCIS asked for original signature and timeline is 10 working days and i haven't got my receipt number yet, anyone faced this kind of situation before and any idea about timeline?

please help..

Archived