H-1B transfer towards the end of the 60 days grace period

Hello All, 

I am currently on H-1B visa. Recently, I lost my job because of a lay-off. My 60 days of grace period started on March 9th 2017. I got a job offer from another company on the 50th day of the grace period and they are ready to do my H-1B transfer and the lawyers are currently exploring if my transfer application can be sent to USCIS before the 60th day mark. I am worried that my H-1B transfer application may not reach USCIS before the end of the 60 days grace period because the new company will probably have to get the LCA approved and then send all other documents to USCIS. 

1) Do you know what happens if the application reached USCIS after 60 days, for eg - after 65 days? 

2) If the application reaches USCIS before 60 days of my grace period but I start working a few days after the 60th day mark, is that ok? I am asking this because I will need a few days to pack and move to another state for this job. 

3) Also, in this situation, is there a way for me to not go out of status after the 60 days grace period just for a week or so till the time my H-1B transfer application reaches USCIS? 

Please give me your advise on this situation, your help is highly appreciated..Thank you in advance! 

Regards
Edited by sambj
Formatting
  • 1 month later...
On 4/28/2017 at 9:06 PM, sambj said:
Hello All, 

I am currently on H-1B visa. Recently, I lost my job because of a lay-off. My 60 days of grace period started on March 9th 2017. I got a job offer from another company on the 50th day of the grace period and they are ready to do my H-1B transfer and the lawyers are currently exploring if my transfer application can be sent to USCIS before the 60th day mark. I am worried that my H-1B transfer application may not reach USCIS before the end of the 60 days grace period because the new company will probably have to get the LCA approved and then send all other documents to USCIS. 

1) Do you know what happens if the application reached USCIS after 60 days, for eg - after 65 days? 

2) If the application reaches USCIS before 60 days of my grace period but I start working a few days after the 60th day mark, is that ok? I am asking this because I will need a few days to pack and move to another state for this job. 

3) Also, in this situation, is there a way for me to not go out of status after the 60 days grace period just for a week or so till the time my H-1B transfer application reaches USCIS? 

Please give me your advise on this situation, your help is highly appreciated..Thank you in advance! 

Regards

Hi, Can you please tell me the progress on this? What  was the end result.? I am in same boat  and that would help me.. Thanks

• 1 month later...
On 4/28/2017 at 9:06 PM, sambj said:
Hello All, 

Regards

Hi Nilzzzz,

what was update on your case? I need some help. Please let me know asap.

thank you.

Regards,

raj

On 6/3/2017 at 11:29 PM, nilzzzz said:

Hi, Can you please tell me the progress on this? What  was the end result.? I am in same boat  and that would help me.. Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello all,

I am in the same boat. My last date with my ex-employer was 19th December 2017. So my 60-day grace period ends on 17th Feb 2018. Today is 20th January. I am expecting an offer letter from my new employer in the next week or my maximum in the week after that. So I am worried that my H1B Transfer application won't reach the USCIS office by the end of my 60 day grace period. What if it reaches by the 65th day.

Can someone please help me address this question ? Its a very tight situation for me and any help would be really appreciated.

Thank you.

• 1 year later...