Quebec City First H1B VISA stamping May4th_2017

saicharan29

Hi,

I'm going to Quebec city for my first H1 VISA stamping, I have the following questions, please help me out

1) Can I go to Quebec city for my first H1 stamping?

2) Any Experiences in Quebec city for H1?

3) I did my masters in US and I'm carrying following docs..

I 797, I 129, LCA,passport, client letter, vendor letter and employer verification letter, paystubs for last 1year, Client contact, MSA between my employer and Vendor, W2's, experience letters from previous employers, Degree cert, Marks sheets,

Anything else is needed other than above docs??

Hi Saicharan,

My wife and I are also planning on getting our H-1B visas stamped (it is 3rd stamping for me and 2nd for her) in Quebec City in early July. I am curious to know if we can schedule appointments only on a Thursday? and if so, when do they return the stamped passport?

Would really appreciate your insights.

Good luck with the stamping!

Piyush

17 hours ago, piyush3469 said:

Hi Saicharan,

My wife and I are also planning on getting our H-1B visas stamped (it is 3rd stamping for me and 2nd for her) in Quebec City in early July. I am curious to know if we can schedule appointments only on a Thursday? and if so, when do they return the stamped passport?

Would really appreciate your insights.

Good luck with the stamping!

Piyush

not required to book only on Thursday, when ever it is available you can,

Will update you.. once I come back

On 5/1/2017 at 10:08 AM, saicharan29 said:

do you see any other documents that I need to carry, other than those, I listed??

Education documents, 140 approval if any. Keep in mind when a question asked regarding your degree and how do u compare it to your job. 

no... depends on the case, he was confused when im trying to explain him my duties and whom i work for... it seems he is in a hurry, and he said.. he need sometime to go through all the documents, and asked my whole file i was holding.. and gave me update the next day(today)

hmm...my case is pretty straight forward. I am just wondering what the "2 work days" processing on their website means...does it mean that in the case of straight forward cases, they give the stamped passport the next day day or after 2 days...do you have any insights on this? thanks man. Good luck with your case..

no I dont know much, but here is the convesation betwen my and VO:

Me: hello how is your day
VO: good, tel me what you do
ME: Basically we move trucks from location to location, 
VO: No no, what you do from morning 8am to eveing 5pm,
ME: I write Java/J2EE application based on the requirements
will develop the UI screens using JSP,Ajax,HTML,CSS etc.. I deliver the application to the cusomter as per the need etc etc..
VO: (took my client letter,)  but XXXXX  filed your petition
ME: Yes, XXXXXXX is my employer, YYYYYY is my client, i work at client place
VO: why taxes are different here? XXXX k and YYYYY k on the same year
ME: I was in OPT before, so...(he interuppted)
VO: so you were a student before
ME: yes, I did my masters
VO: when did you graduete
ME: 2013, august
VO: what did you do after that till now,
ME: got my OPT, I was working
VO: how many months you got your OPT
ME: 29 motnhs
VO: after 29months what did you do?? till before H1
ME: I wanted to do masters, so joined in new college, 
VO: so again you joined in college
ME: YES, 
VO: Ok, I wanted to send an Email to USCIS about your SEVIS, if it got expired in anytime..
ME: sure not a problem, do you need anything else
VO: yes, I need all of  your documents from your hand..
ME: gave everything
VO: i wil update you early next week
ME: sure take your time, bye have a good night

Next day - early afternoon, status changed from Administrative processing to Issued

• 4 months later...

Hello SaiCharan and Piyush-

Based on your experiences, could you please shed some light and provide your feedback on some of my concerns.

Will going to Quebec/Montreal for first time H1b Visa stamping after F1 Visa and 27-Month OPT be an issue? I have an engineering phd degree and work in my field and directly with the firm. Quebec is closer to me and I plan to opt for that on DS160. However, depending on availability-I may opt for Montreal as well. Is that going to be an issue with the consulate?

Worst case scenerio-If for some reason, you are given 221g and there is indefinite wait time-can you leave for India? Do they keep your passport, or can you send your passport to be delivered back to India?

Best Case Scenerio-If they approve the visa, on a Thursday let's say-When earliest would we receive the stamped passport back?

I greatly appreciate all your help and advice with my concerns. Thank you.

Anything else-I should plan for? In particular documentation etc. Thanks!

Archived