H1B Transfer

FH1B

Hello All,

My H1B is valid until Sept 2018. I have an opportunity with a new employer. Under the current conditions, how safe is it to move to a different employer? My I140 is approved and has been more than 180 days.

Should my new employer file for Green Card and H1 transfer at the same time? 

What are my options if my old employer revokes my I140, if i start working at the new employer with just the receipt ?

Please advice.

Thanks!

11 hours ago, FH1B said:

Hello All,

My H1B is valid until Sept 2018. I have an opportunity with a new employer. Under the current conditions, how safe is it to move to a different employer? My I140 is approved and has been more than 180 days.

Should my new employer file for Green Card and H1 transfer at the same time? 

What are my options if my old employer revokes my I140, if i start working at the new employer with just the receipt ?

Please advice.

Thanks!

Approved I140 more than 180 days can be used to extend H1 beyond 6 years even if the employer revokes it after 180 days. Any employer can use this approved I140 for H1 extension beyond 6 years.

Approved I140 with current employer is required only when your priority date is close and to apply for EAD.

Hello Guys,

I applied for h1 transfer on april 28th. My packet was received by USCIS vermont center on 1st MAY.  I am trasnfering from contract posiiton to a full time job, big telecommunication company. How soon will I get physical recipt in mail?

Regards,

3 hours ago, rrg6832 said:

Hello Guys,

I applied for h1 transfer on april 28th. My packet was received by USCIS vermont center on 1st MAY.  I am trasnfering from contract posiiton to a full time job, big telecommunication company. How soon will I get physical recipt in mail?

Regards,

Hi rrg6832, please let me know when you get your receipt.

My case: I 129 regular processing: change of employer + extension of stay, packet delivered to VSC on April 13, checks not cashed, no receipt yet. Anyone in similar situation?

On May 2, 2017 at 7:24 PM, HarshK86 said:

Hi rrg6832, please let me know when you get your receipt.

My case: I 129 regular processing: change of employer + extension of stay, packet delivered to VSC on April 13, checks not cashed, no receipt yet. Anyone in similar situation?

Hi HarshK86, any updates on your end?

Archived