Form 221g - Sevis Hit Removal

ManasG123

Hi All,

I interviewed wit the US consulate in New Delhi on April 3rd . They kept my passport, returned my I-797, and gave me a 221g stating "Sevis Hit Removal" 

Anyone has any idea about Sevis Hit removal?

Here is the conversation between me and the officer:

Officer: What company do you work for and what's your designation?
Me: XYZ, management analyst with internal designation as Senior BA

Officer: What is your salary?
Me: Mentioned what was in the petition document.

Officer: Did you also go to school in the USA? Which one?
Me: Yes. ABC

Officer: Right after the school you joined xyz?
Me: No , xyz is not my first company.

Officer: How long have you been working for xyz?
Me: close to 1.5 years.

Officer: You lost your passport as well? Do you have a copy of police report? Can we keep one?
Me: Yes, I have it. Yes, you can keep one.

Officer: Your previous passport had a visa stamp, right?
Me: yes, it did.

Officer: I am keeping the police report to update our records. When are you flying back ? ( I answered April 17th). I will make sure to mention this date in our system so that we can process it before that. I am keeping your passport. Not sure what else she said...

These are the dates in the chronological order:

1. 2014- Graduated from abc University

2. 2015 June- OPT Expired

3. 2015 June - Enrolled at XXX university to pursue Project Management course

4. 2016 Oct - Put the course on hold at XXX because of my financial status and work stress.
5. 2016 Oct- Got my H1b Activated
6. 2017 April- traveled to India for H1b Stamping. They accepted my passport but gave me form 221g which says " SEVIS HIT REMOVAL"

Thanks!

7 hours ago, ManasG123 said:

Hi All,

I interviewed wit the US consulate in New Delhi on April 3rd . They kept my passport, returned my I-797, and gave me a 221g stating "Sevis Hit Removal" 

Anyone has any idea about Sevis Hit removal?

Here is the conversation between me and the officer:

Officer: What company do you work for and what's your designation?
Me: XYZ, management analyst with internal designation as Senior BA

Officer: What is your salary?
Me: Mentioned what was in the petition document.

Officer: Did you also go to school in the USA? Which one?
Me: Yes. ABC

Officer: Right after the school you joined xyz?
Me: No , xyz is not my first company.

Officer: How long have you been working for xyz?
Me: close to 1.5 years.

Officer: You lost your passport as well? Do you have a copy of police report? Can we keep one?
Me: Yes, I have it. Yes, you can keep one.

Officer: Your previous passport had a visa stamp, right?
Me: yes, it did.

Officer: I am keeping the police report to update our records. When are you flying back ? ( I answered April 17th). I will make sure to mention this date in our system so that we can process it before that. I am keeping your passport. Not sure what else she said...

These are the dates in the chronological order:

1. 2014- Graduated from abc University

2. 2015 June- OPT Expired

3. 2015 June - Enrolled at XXX university to pursue Project Management course

4. 2016 Oct - Put the course on hold at XXX because of my financial status and work stress.
5. 2016 Oct- Got my H1b Activated
6. 2017 April- traveled to India for H1b Stamping. They accepted my passport but gave me form 221g which says " SEVIS HIT REMOVAL"

Thanks!

Someone had the same issue before and they posted it on this site. You can search for that post.

• 1 year later...

Hi @ManasG123. I have encountered a similar situation during my consulate interview on Dec-17-2018. The Consulate retained my passport, but, mentioned a SEVIS HIT, indicating that the transition from F-1 to H-1B is not reflected in their records (assured that it's no fault of mine). I received a case tracker number on a 221(g) form with the "Administrative processing" check box ticked and the officer said that it should be resolved in 3-5 business days.

Looks like you ran into this issue an year ago. Can you shed some light on how this was resolved?

Appreciate your response.

• 3 months later...
On 12/17/2018 at 11:41 PM, Sisir Sagar said:

Hi @ManasG123. I have encountered a similar situation during my consulate interview on Dec-17-2018. The Consulate retained my passport, but, mentioned a SEVIS HIT, indicating that the transition from F-1 to H-1B is not reflected in their records (assured that it's no fault of mine). I received a case tracker number on a 221(g) form with the "Administrative processing" check box ticked and the officer said that it should be resolved in 3-5 business days.

Looks like you ran into this issue an year ago. Can you shed some light on how this was resolved?

Appreciate your response.

Hi Sisir - how was this resolved? Can you shed any light on what the issue was?

Archived