H1B PP

Disturbia

I've filed my H1B extension via Premium Processing last week along with my wife's H4 extension. Our current H1 & H4 are valid till June end.

I've got my H1B receipt but no H4 receipt yet.  Can my wife get New York state learner's permit at DMV and license with the H4 receipt? 

I don't know how long H4 approval will take even though my H1B was filed under Premium.

1 hour ago, Disturbia said:

I've filed my H1B extension via Premium Processing last week along with my wife's H4 extension. Our current H1 & H4 are valid till June end.

I've got my H1B receipt but no H4 receipt yet.  Can my wife get New York state learner's permit at DMV and license with the H4 receipt? 

I don't know how long H4 approval will take even though my H1B was filed under Premium.

since your H1 is in premium, you will get that soon and she can get license based on your approved H1 petition. This is possible in Florida and my wife got that way with my approved H1 petition and her H4 extn is still in process. Not sure about NY DMVs.

1 hour ago, Kavin034 said:

It looks like they are not processing H4 in premium and it will be considered as a Normal one because of large amount of H1B PP request. I am not sure about DMV permit.

This is partially correct. They are doing H1 in premium and doing H4 and H4 EAD in a couple of weeks - but not in normal processing which could take several months. I got H1 and H4 approved in a gap of 10 days this month.

On 4/3/2017 at 2:59 PM, UCR said:

No receipt notice yet!! :-) Hope they still accept it was PP since it was sent on 3/30/17 - will keep you updated. 

Hi Did you receive your receipt number? I have applied for H1b extenstion premium to nabraska center.. my docs recived on 24 march.. today is 10 april not received my receipt number yet.

On 4/10/2017 at 10:16 AM, venkata022 said:

Hi Did you receive your receipt number? I have applied for H1b extenstion premium to nabraska center.. my docs recived on 24 march.. today is 10 april not received my receipt number yet.

did you receive the receipt number yet? 

Archived