Can we file H4 Extension our self without Attorney/Spouse's EMployer

Hi, 
Recently my employer filed H1B Amendment and it got approved. H4 was not included in my H1B amendment petition. Now i got H1 validity more than previous H1 validity date. looks like my employer added H1 extension also along Amendment but employer did not tell about this while they were filing amendment. can employer file H1 Amendment+Extension 2 years before current H1B expiry date? Employer used my I-140 too this time since it was going to 2 months more than 6 years. 

Anyways, Now i got H1B validity 1 year more than my wife's current H4 validity. so we need to apply for H4 extension separately after few months. can we file H4 Extension our self to get H4 Extension with Extended I-94 date? Also my wife needs to get her H4 EAD renewed so can these two things applied together? But USCIS processing centers are different right for H4 petitions and H4 EAD petitions. my H1 is approved in vermont center, so should my wife send H4 extension docs to same center? what about H4 EAD center?

can you please post the documents that we need and what documents need to be filled?  which H1B I-797A copy should we mention and include in packet while sending docs for H4? since my wife's H4 was approved using my previous H1B  when i filed Extension last time her H4 was also added along my H1 extension petition and now my employer filed only my H1 amendment and extension and it got approved ( should i mention latest H1 approved copy or should i also include old H1 approved copy along this application ( my old h1 and my wife's current h4 are linked so).

5 hours ago, vikky789 said:

Hi, 
Recently my employer filed H1B Amendment and it got approved. H4 was not included in my H1B amendment petition. Now i got H1 validity more than previous H1 validity date. looks like my employer added H1 extension also along Amendment but employer did not tell about this while they were filing amendment. can employer file H1 Amendment+Extension 2 years before current H1B expiry date? Employer used my I-140 too this time since it was going to 2 months more than 6 years. 

Anyways, Now i got H1B validity 1 year more than my wife's current H4 validity. so we need to apply for H4 extension separately after few months. can we file H4 Extension our self to get H4 Extension with Extended I-94 date? Also my wife needs to get her H4 EAD renewed so can these two things applied together? But USCIS processing centers are different right for H4 petitions and H4 EAD petitions. my H1 is approved in vermont center, so should my wife send H4 extension docs to same center? what about H4 EAD center?

can you please post the documents that we need and what documents need to be filled?  which H1B I-797A copy should we mention and include in packet while sending docs for H4? since my wife's H4 was approved using my previous H1B  when i filed Extension last time her H4 was also added along my H1 extension petition and now my employer filed only my H1 amendment and extension and it got approved ( should i mention latest H1 approved copy or should i also include old H1 approved copy along this application ( my old h1 and my wife's current h4 are linked so).

You can file H-4 extension (I-539) and H-4 EAD (I-765) together. The filing address is same. It is USCIS lock box. You can check exact address in USCIS website.

G-1145 form
I-539 form
check   $370

previous H-4 I-797
I-94
marriage certificate
passport pages
visa copy
driver license
photos

I-765 form
check -- $410
latest spouse I-797
spouse employer letter
spouse approved I-140 copy
spouse H1 visa
spouse passport pages
spouse pay stubs (3 months)
spouse W2 (2 years)

19 hours ago, shekar11# said:

You can file H-4 extension (I-539) and H-4 EAD (I-765) together. The filing address is same. It is USCIS lock box. You can check exact address in USCIS website.

G-1145 form
I-539 form
check   $370

previous H-4 I-797
I-94
marriage certificate
passport pages
visa copy
driver license
photos

I-765 form
check -- $410
latest spouse I-797
spouse employer letter
spouse approved I-140 copy
spouse H1 visa
spouse passport pages
spouse pay stubs (3 months)
spouse W2 (2 years)

Thank you so much. so we can send H4 Extension petition to USCIS Lock box address with H4 EAD petition right? i thought H1 and H4 petitions are handled in other USCIS service centers (California, Vermont service centers). 

can we include Both H4 Extension petition and H4 EAD petition docs in same shipping packet? i think it's better to write something like I-539 and I-765 both petitions on Top  otherwise they may check only Top application and ignore rest of the supporting docs so chances may be there to miss other petition.

4 hours ago, vikky789 said:

Thank you so much. so we can send H4 Extension petition to USCIS Lock box address with H4 EAD petition right? i thought H1 and H4 petitions are handled in other USCIS service centers (California, Vermont service centers). 

can we include Both H4 Extension petition and H4 EAD petition docs in same shipping packet? i think it's better to write something like I-539 and I-765 both petitions on Top  otherwise they may check only Top application and ignore rest of the supporting docs so chances may be there to miss other petition.

You can include both in same packet with 2 separate clips.

• 1 year later...
On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 7:48 AM, hello999 said:

Hi, 

hi... 

I have same situation. My husband moved to new employer but I have valid I94 till july 2019, n h4 visa ending till july 2019. The new employer didn't file my visa. Now I need to visit India, I am not sure if I can re-enter on the same visa. Do I need to apply visa extension now, before going? or I can visit and come back and then apply for extension later around Jan-Feb 2019.

Please let me know.

• 2 years later...

Hi, I have the similar situation my spouse employer is filing only his h1b amendment and extension not h4. So, can I extend my h4 later which is tied to his current h1b. What happens if I do not apply my extension along with him now? will my h4 stays valid till the expiration or since he will be getting new approval will my h4 gets invalid. Please answer.