Went for H1B but get got B1/B2 by error.

shortduck

Guys,

It need help/advice here. So I went on Monday [3/13/2017] to Toronto for my H1B visa stamping. This is my 2nd time at this location. So everything was fine and I got my passport. Upon coming at home I discovered that I got B1/B2 instead of H1B by error.

I filled my Ds160 as H1B and everything was for H1B. I guess it was a data entry mistake by the officer. Since he was asked me questions related to H1B.

So my question is has anyone been into this situation? What should I do? I am planning to e-mail US Consulate in Toronto. Almost forget to tell you that while coming back I got e I-94 as H1B.

Thanks

3 hours ago, shortduck said:

Guys,

It need help/advice here. So I went on Monday [3/13/2017] to Toronto for my H1B visa stamping. This is my 2nd time at this location. So everything was fine and I got my passport. Upon coming at home I discovered that I got B1/B2 instead of H1B by error.

I filled my Ds160 as H1B and everything was for H1B. I guess it was a data entry mistake by the officer. Since he was asked me questions related to H1B.

So my question is has anyone been into this situation? What should I do? I am planning to e-mail US Consulate in Toronto. Almost forget to tell you that while coming back I got e I-94 as H1B.

Thanks

You better that corrected at the same consulate 

Archived