All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
krs563

I-765 rejection notice because of incorrect fees. What to re-send ?

Hi,

I have received a rejection notice for my recent I-765 filing because of incorrect fee attached. The rejection notice says the following,

"This is in reference to the I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, you submitted. Your I-765, fees, and any supporting documentations is being returned to you for the following reason(s): 

The payment amount is incorrect, or has not been provided. Please review the form instructions for fee information. Please resubmit  the application/petition package with the appropriate fees to the address listed on the bottom of this package. 

Please be sure to complete the application fully, submit the appropriate fees, and include all required supporting documentation."

The rejection notice that i got has a green letter which says "when you resubmit your application, please enclose this letter with your re-submission"  and also my I-765 application.

I'm confused whether to just send the 'check with right fee' + 'I-765 that was returned to me by USCIS' + 'the green letter' ... (OR) I have to re-send complete documentation including the photographs + 'the green letter' (as if I'm submitting a new application)

Appreciate someones suggestion/guidance on this. Thank you.

If I were you, I would take a safer route. Would resubmit all documents along with green letter. This may help in expedited process. 

Hi,

Can you please provide an update regarding your case, did you re-send the same packet (including initially submitted I-765 and supporting documents) along with corrected fee and green sheet? did they accept it? can you please reply to my query, I am in the same situation. 

Thanks in advance!

Update:

Posting this so that it might help someone who are in this situation. I have sent the same packet( which includes all documents that I have sent initially) that was sent back to me by uscis along with the new check and the green sheet on the top and they accepted and approved my case. So no need to send new I-765 form or new photocopies of the supporting documents, just include the new check and green sheet.

hi

I filed my I485, I131 and my wife I485, I131, 1765 together. Wrote two separate cheques of $1225 each for me and my wife. I signed my cheques etc. However my application has been returned today saying as follows.

The check amount is incorrect, or has not beed provided. Please review the Form Instructions for the fee information. Please resubmit the application/petition package with the appropriate fees to the USCIS address listed on the bottom of this documentation.

I don't know where it went wrong. Please advice. My understanding is retrogression started from April 1 for Indian EB1 applicants. Please advice.

Thanks

On 4/2/2018 at 9:17 PM, kumar98 said:

hi

I filed my I485, I131 and my wife I485, I131, 1765 together. Wrote two separate cheques of $1225 each for me and my wife. I signed my cheques etc. However my application has been returned today saying as follows.

The check amount is incorrect, or has not beed provided. Please review the Form Instructions for the fee information. Please resubmit the application/petition package with the appropriate fees to the USCIS address listed on the bottom of this documentation.

I don't know where it went wrong. Please advice. My understanding is retrogression started from April 1 for Indian EB1 applicants. Please advice.

Thanks

Hi, Did you submitted I-485 Application after Apr 1st 2018?

Hello,

My attorney filed I140, I485, I-765 I131 for me my wife(I485,I-765,I131) and kids(I485,I131). 
Attorney send complete package on 21 March 2018 and delivered to USCIS on 22 March.
On April-04 I got rejection notice for all my forms, my wife's and my kids form due to wrong payment fee.
Online USCIS website showing status as below 
"My Case Rejected Because I Sent An Incorrect Fee"

My Attorney informed us that no issue with the payment fee everything enclosed correctly.
So he resend all packets again on April-06 with rejection notice letter.

I don't know what went wrong, the retrogression process started for EB1 Indian applicant from April-01.
As of now my online status still showing the same. even I didn't get any receipt notice till now.
Is this retrogression process will impact my receipt notice, EAD or travel document?
Please advise.

Edited by vjsgreen

hi

I have similar situation. My application for I-140, I-485 , I-765, I -131 was filled together by lawyer.

I received three times rejection notice for I-485, I-765 and I=131. The reason mentioned is incorrect filling fee and also in I-765 notice it's mentioned that they require acceptance notice for I-485.  I have discussed with lawyer and according to him, correct filling fee is attached but even though application was rejected three times.

Also I -140 was filled uner premium processing and they request for additional evidence.

Can you please suggest if any one has similar situation. Also what is best option.

Either wait for I-140 approval and then fill I-485 and I765 and I-131 or any alternative option ?

Same here.

Rejected I-765. My attorney sent the missing documentation on November 30th. No news since then, my case is still "rejected" when I check online.

Following this post

@reba

Can you please explain more? I-765 is free form, isn't that right? There is fee for I-485 ($1,225). Do you send that incorrectly?

When did you apply originally? When did you receive receipt and rejection?

Are you EB"?