H1B to H4 and again on H1B

Android

Hi,

I am currently on H1B visa and I am converting to H4 visa since I need to take break for a year. By the time I get actual H4 approval, I will only have 8 months left of my H1B visa (I have used 5 years and 4 months.)

So in future, when I convert from H4 to H1B again, -

1) Can any employer start process of my green card even when I am on H4  visa? So once I get I-140, I can come back on H1B and extend it for 3 more years? Or I need to be employed on H1B with particular employer to start my green card process?

2) I just have 8 months left on my H1B, so when I come back on H1B, I don't have sufficient time left to get I-140 approved and then extend it for 3 more years. So what are other options to extend my H1B beyond 6 years?

Please suggest!

Thanks

1) Can any employer start process of my green card even when I am on H4  visa? YES

So once I get I-140, I can come back on H1B and extend it for 3 more years? YES

Or I need to be employed on H1B with particular employer to start my green card process? No you don't need to

2) I just have 8 months left on my H1B, so when I come back on H1B, I don't have sufficient time left to get I-140 approved and then extend it for 3 more years. So what are other options to extend my H1B beyond 6 years? Stay out of the country for 1 year and apply new H1b

Archived