visa renewal interview

Anony Mouse

My mother recently applied for a B2 visa renewal at Mumbai, India.  She received a call for interview after fingerprinting.  She has not "abused" her current B2 visa and can show ties there (self employment and property).  My father is presently visiting us in the US, so that may be a reason for interview call.  
1. Is it advisable for my mother to attend the interview?  We have an option of leaving that case pending, since I am very close to getting my US citizenship and can apply for her green card consular processing.  Which would be a better option?
2. Is my mother's current visa (still valid thru mid-April, 2017) considered void now that she has applied for renewal?
Thank you much!
On 3/11/2017 at 8:09 PM, Anony Mouse said:
My mother recently applied for a B2 visa renewal at Mumbai, India.  She received a call for interview after fingerprinting.  She has not "abused" her current B2 visa and can show ties there (self employment and property).  My father is presently visiting us in the US, so that may be a reason for interview call.  
1. Is it advisable for my mother to attend the interview?  We have an option of leaving that case pending, since I am very close to getting my US citizenship and can apply for her green card consular processing.  Which would be a better option?
2. Is my mother's current visa (still valid thru mid-April, 2017) considered void now that she has applied for renewal?
Thank you much!

No, unless they cancel it on the passport.

I have 2 follow up questions:

1. If she does not appear for 221-G interview and essentially leaves her B2 case pending, would that cause any issues in her green card processing? 
2. Do you have a link to check the latest known timeline for US consular processing at Mumbai, India for family based green card? 

Thank you.

Archived