Class Typo in H1 approval

karthikh1b

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, newbeeH!B said:

Hello All

My case was from Vermont center and till date I did not receive any update from USCIS/ Employer.No status change on USCIS website too.

Any one else got any update from Vermont center?

No my friend, i am in the same boat as you from Vermont center and i have also not read or heard  anywhere that folks from Vermont center has received anything and there is no status change online either..VSC is in complete chaos and i have started to wonder if it is going to take another 3-6 weeks and what we were told earlier was complete lie. From what i see folks from CSC and Nebraska centers has received notices

Heyy guys, good news..Mine was Vermont center as well and my lawyer informed me today that they have received updated petition..The updated notice date has 03/14 on it and i believe the lawyer received this last Friday..wish they had informed last Friday so that i dont spent the weekend bitching about them..lol..below is all the details

Original approval date: 02/22

Center: Vermont

Status change online: NOPE, showing same old as 22nd Feb

I will ask the folks affected from Vermont center to get in touch with their lawyers..it must be out there in their mail and best luck

Hi Guys, i received good news from my immigration lawyer today. They have received the corrected approval notice today and they will mail to my office tomorrow.

So, for me the H1B extension was filed in premium processing in Nebraska center and i got approval initially on 27th Feb

On 8th March my immigration lawyer notified they received approval with 1B1 class

On 10th March my status changed online to :

On March 10, 2017, we approved your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number XXXXXXXXX We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

After that there was no update from my company until today 21 March that they received updated approval notice. Those who filed at Nebraska should receive soon i guess.

And i hope Vermont center does something to take action and correct it for u guys. It is a pain

Best of luck!!

21 hours ago, 1B1issue said:

@newbeeH!B 

Mine was Vermont centre as well. Though status did not change on USCIS website, my lawyer received the updated petition yesterday.

Hope you get it soon as well. Good Luck ! 

That's great to hear that your employer received updated h1b approval copy.

Let me also check with my employer too. Thanks for sharing the information though :)

19 hours ago, Raj19744200 said:

Heyy guys, good news..Mine was Vermont center as well and my lawyer informed me today that they have received updated petition..The updated notice date has 03/14 on it and i believe the lawyer received this last Friday..wish they had informed last Friday so that i dont spent the weekend bitching about them..lol..below is all the details

Original approval date: 02/22

Center: Vermont

Status change online: NOPE, showing same old as 22nd Feb

I will ask the folks affected from Vermont center to get in touch with their lawyers..it must be out there in their mail and best luck

Thanks Raj19744200  for sharing the good news. This is a great relief for Vermont folks who aren't seeing any change in the uscis status.

8 hours ago, TravisBickle said:

Thanks Raj19744200  for sharing the good news. This is a great relief for Vermont folks who aren't seeing any change in the uscis status.

Happy to share and thanks..Good chances you will receive by EOB the week..otherwise make sure your employers contact uscis on Monday. Shoot an email as well to Vermont center(see email in my earlier post)..this might help to bump up things (hopefully)..My corrected notice sent date was around the same time, when i sent email with a sob story, which might be pure coincidence, but worth trying...

21 hours ago, TravisBickle said:

All,

I have received email form my employer that they received updated notice from USCIS. Great news!!!

Center :Vermont

Original approval date: Feb22, no status change on site though. Looks like Vermont center mailing the notices directly with no updates on site .

Good luck folks.

Thank you!

Hello Guys,

Update from my side;

Initially approved on feb 21st and hardcopy received with 1b1 on feb24 and my company lawyers contacted immediately and informed uscis of this error.

Yesterday on mar28th the case status got updated online , saying that my h1b is approved and notice mailed .

This is california service center and the case is filed under premium processing.

Hello People:

My sister went for stamping H1B renewal with the 797 that carried typo - 1b1 ( California center issued her 797 )

she got her visa stamped .., no issues .., chennai consulate .. drop box 

I think the consulate understands it is USCIS mistake... it is still a valid document

I have been trying to post this for 3 days now.. username issues... sorry for the delay 

Archived