Class Typo in H1 approval

karthikh1b

Hello,

I got my approval of h1b from California service center on 19 Feb in premium and got the hard copy on 23rd Feb with wrong classification 1B1.

My lawyers contacted right away and said its going to take 2 weeks since it is premium processing.They again contacted today morning and were told its going to come within next 14 working days.

Hope that gives an approximate timeline.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Raj19744200 said:

Is this going to be another 2-3 weeks from today date? or 2-3 weeks from the day when this fiasco happened which was 21st Feb

2-3 weeks from the day my employer contacted USCIS. my employer contacted on March 1st and so far we haven't heard anything  back from USCIS. still waiting .....

Wondering if anyone received updated doc??

22 hours ago, techswe said:

Hello,

I got my approval of h1b from California service center on 19 Feb in premium and got the hard copy on 23rd Feb with wrong classification 1B1.

My lawyers contacted right away and said its going to take 2 weeks since it is premium processing.They again contacted today morning and were told its going to come within next 14 working days.

Hope that gives an approximate timeline.

It sounds like they have been told to give Generic answers which is 2-3 weeks..lol. If you had called on Feb 21st they will tell you 2-3 weeks and if you call next week they will tell you 2-3 weeks again... Nobody knows for sure and everything is till up in the air.

Sometimes i wonder if they are doing this purposely to discourage folks applying for H1B's ..its hard for me to believe its taking them so long to just print some documents...When USCIS announced suspension of Premium processing it was News all over place however there is no news nor even a simple notification on there website of this fiasco anywhere. We need to push the law-firms harder on this...anyone who has emergency travel abroad can get stuck

I am waiting for corrected copy of Amendment approval notice(Customer Y). But have my passport stamped and visa valid till 2019(stamped for customer X). Also have amendment receipt notice and LCA letter for customer Y. Can I proceed with travel as it was all planned. My travel is next week for customer Y by which not sure if will get the correct the approval notice. My fear is will they ask about amendment in POE? Please help.

1 hour ago, somehelphere said:

I am waiting for corrected copy of Amendment approval notice(Customer Y). But have my passport stamped and visa valid till 2019(stamped for customer X). Also have amendment receipt notice and LCA letter for customer Y. Can I proceed with travel as it was all planned. My travel is next week for customer Y by which not sure if will get the correct the approval notice. My fear is will they ask about amendment in POE? Please help.

I am in the same boat as you and have urgent travel. My lawyer has advised not to travel until i have corrected/amended approval notice with correct classification given that we are in Trump era and it is very risky. They told me even GC holders are getting all sort of questions at POE.

The receipt notice or LCA does not mention H1B classification only the approval notice does. So unfortunately we are stuck till we get corrected approval notices.

Hi guys, even i got my h1b extension approval with wrong classification 1B1. I was planning to travel to india on 19th march and have to go for stamping but am feeling like i should delay it till i get the amended approval with correct classification.

My immigration attorney said i could still use the current i797 with wrong classification with receipt notice of correct classification while going for stamping. I am worried if this will cause issues.

If anyone gets the updated doc, please do let us all know. it would help to get an estimate time

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 3:56 PM, Sree_d said:

Karthik / Lalith ,

same problem here , I received my amendment (client location change )approval notice with class "1B1"  instead of H1B .

Any advises on how to correct this ?

karthik/Lilith/Sri- You are the  ones  who posted first on this issue . Did you receive updated doc?

Is there any way that we could track the status of the request? My employer don't have any  further info and asking me to wait until we receive the doc. I had a personal travel  on 03/03 and cancelled it due to  the chaos.

Thanks.

When i am going to USCIS to check the status of my Case and login with my credentials it is showing the Receipt Number Updated on 03/01 while my case was approved on 02/24. On 03/01 my employer sent an email to USCIS to please send the corrected approval notice. I don't know what does that means because normally the updated on  date is the date on which case was approved generally.

My processing center is nebraska, and my immigration attorney has said they don't have any estimate to when we will get the updated i797 and it might take several weeks. My wife is already in India and i was planning to join and go for stamping, but now am stuck.

If anyone receives corrected i797 please update

My petition originally got approved on 23rd; My company subsequently applied for correction (dont know the exact date); Now when i check for receipt number I see my petition has been re-approved yesterday and they have said they will shortly mail the approval notice.

I see that my status has updated on USCIS website on 10th March with approved. I am not sure what that means.

Initially it was approved on 27th Feb for my i129, and could this be for the correction of the visa from 1b1 to h1b.

I am hoping this means that they have started correcting the mistake.

Did anyone else saw their status updated on the USCIS online case status? My case was originally approved on 22nd Feb and it still showing the same as " My case was Approved"  with the date OF 22nd Feb and stuff when i enter my receipt number in the case status online.

Guys, whoever sees their case updated let us know when you receive the new I-797.

On 3/11/2017 at 10:48 AM, san7777 said:

My petition originally got approved on 23rd; My company subsequently applied for correction (dont know the exact date); Now when i check for receipt number I see my petition has been re-approved yesterday and they have said they will shortly mail the approval notice.

Same has been happened to me yesterday, It Seems that they have mailed the new corrected approval notice...lets wait for 4-5 days and see if we received the same or not.

Hello,

I'm not seeing any status change on my case. I am very worried about this. Is USCIS sending corrected I797 without changing the status of the case Or are they really changing status of the case and then sending the corrected notices? Please let me know if you have any information.

My case was handled in California service center.

I had an urgent travel but I'm unable to do so due to this issue.

@Travisbickle..My employer requested them to send correct petition almost couple weeks back, immediately when they noticed this error. however USCIS rep told them due to the amount of petitions affected there is no way to expedite any particular case and they will eventually mail new notices to everyone affected (who knows when?)

So far as of today noon my Online case status showed no changes. I am not sure if particular USCIS location is faster than the other..Mine was Vermont service center. What is yours?

Guys anyone from Vermont service center show any update on case status??

Archived