Class Typo in H1 approval

karthikh1b

Hello -

I applied for H1 extension in premium which was approved for 3 years.  We found that Visa Class in Approval notice is printed as 1B1 instead of  H1B. 

Any advises on how to correct this. Will it require an amendment ? If yes will it be processed as premium since my original application is premium.

The typo is only for Class. Everything else looks good. 

Thanks

Karthik

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Guys,

I have similar problem. I got my approved I-797 notice on 22nd Feb and it says 1B1 rather than H1B. From what my lawyer told me this Typo error and been happening after 21st of Feb on numerous approval notices. Did you guys consult with your lawyers and what did they say? how long it will take to receive correct petition? since its premium processing does USCIS expedite in sending correct notice.

My Lawyer advised not to travel out of this country using this petition since its very risky.

Regards

Raj

18 hours ago, Ramesh Raj Singh said:

It Seems some changes has been made which is applicable from Feb 2017, That's why so may people are getting 1B1 in Class instead of H1B. We need to confirm this with USCIS.

Right. I tried, calling the USCIS but they discouraged my inquiry bcos I am neither Petitioner / Lawyer. So, I checked with employer (Petitioner) and they say it is some new format and may not be a typo. But couldn't confirm 100% as it is new to them as well. 

With so many of us having the same issue, I am hoping it is not a typo and in fact a new format.

Hope USCIS publishes some details \ news about this change soon if it is really a new format approval notice.

8 hours ago, lballa said:

Right. I tried, calling the USCIS but they discouraged my inquiry bcos I am neither Petitioner / Lawyer. So, I checked with employer (Petitioner) and they say it is some new format and may not be a typo. But couldn't confirm 100% as it is new to them as well. 

With so many of us having the same issue, I am hoping it is not a typo and in fact a new format.

Hope USCIS publishes some details \ news about this change soon if it is really a new format approval notice.

Hi lballa, This is indeed a typo caused by their freaking printing press and USCIS has acknowledged that this week and they will be mailing out amended petitions hopefully soon. But as with USCIS nothing happens automatically and your petitioner/lawyer will have to call or email them. I was told its very risky to travel outside of US in case you are trying to visit home country for visa stamping using this petition and we must wait until we receive the amended correct petition. You would wish they would've brought a  better printing press given the amount of money they make..lol

4 hours ago, Ramesh Raj Singh said:

Can you all Please suggest what was your processing office/location....Mine was Nebraska?

Mine was Vermont.. It sounds like this issue has happened in California, Nebraska and Vermont offices, Does anyone have any idea how soon they will start mailing corrected notices? would they give any priority to premium processing cases..I have upcoming travel plans

5 hours ago, john1b1 said:

Sounds like its going to 2 to 3 weeks even if its premium processing. If we get earlier then its luck.. lets see what happens. If any one got please post it...

Heyy John, How do you know if it will be 2-3 weeks even for PP. did your employer/lawyer called?..it seems extremely stupid that they are taking this long just to print a document

13 hours ago, newbeeH!B said:

My employer got response from uscis saying that the new doc will be sent in 2-3 weeks. I had a Tavel plan last Friday but cancelled it as I need to wait until I get updated doc in hand . 

Guys pls let group know if any one if you get updated doc.

Is this going to be another 2-3 weeks from today date? or 2-3 weeks from the day when this fiasco happened which was 21st Feb

Archived