Class Typo in H1 approval

karthikh1b

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, so far did anyone receive corrected notices or change in case status online??

As i thought the newly  approved notices after March are coming without any errors..however they dont seem to give any priority to resend notices they messed up earlier in February, so we are probably back and last in line..This whole premium processing is a joke.

14 hours ago, TravisBickle said:

@Raj1974420, My case is from Vermont center too. We logged request for correction one week back. Since it has been couple of weeks back for you, check with your attorney for updates as rest of the folks have started seeing status changes.

My attorney came back to me last week with no updates and sympathies  :) My case status has not changed either.. I did chat with another folks on another forum and sound like some have received corrected notice already..so yes they are coming..But no one knows how are prioritizing this things??. Many folks who got approved in March has received I-797napprovals with no errors..How i wish i applied little late. The folks who got approved Late feb are stuck and uscis dont seem to care.

Hello All,

I am in the same boat as everyone. I got my h1b extension approved on Feb 24th in PP (Nebraska Centre) with 1b1 classification. My employer or attorney have NOT contacted USCIS yet, I was told by the employer that the attorney told him to wait for some time (?) as uscis is issuing the corrected approval notices. Also When I checked my status today, the case has been re-approved (the approved date has changed from Feb 24 to March 10) and it said that they are mailing the approval notice. USCIS is resending my notice hopefully.

Please let all of us know if you have any updates.

3 hours ago, san7777 said:

The status says , " we will mail the approval notice" and it's been this way from past 3 days. Has the status changed to "approval mail sent" for anyone?

@San7777     Well from what i know, there is no status update when the mail is sent..when my I-797 was approved in Feb 22 it said same thing and the attorney received the approval letter (with typo) in couple days and its still showing  the same.

For premium Processing cases USCIS usually provides Tracking number for whatever notices they sends to the law firm representing..For whoever that saw case updates can you guys check with your respective attorneys if they received any tracking numbers..That's  the sure way to determine that there is something  on its way from USCIS.

10 hours ago, TravisBickle said:

@Raj1974420, I think Vermont center hasn't started correcting petitions yet. Looks like rest of the centers caught up early.

Yeah i think you are right, there is no status update or nothing so far and i am not sure there will be any status updates, from what i see many folks who got approved in march from Vermont center has received correct petitions in hand. Any sensible agency would have given priority to fix the errors and reprint cases that got messed up earlier,rather than printing new ones .. however that doesn't seem to be case.

Guys,

Below is the email for various uscis service centers. I already sent email to VSC and if many of us send emails i think they will start noticing this issue and there will be more spotlight. The automated response i got immediately  is as below in Italics.

"The purpose of this account is to assist petitioners, applicants or their authorized representatives who have contacted the NCSC number (1-800-375-5283) with an inquiry but their inquiry was not addressed within 15 days or who feel that the response received from the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) was not sufficient."

My law firm contacted USCIS and its already been 15 days ..so its worth giving a shot and bring this issue to spotlight.

23 hours ago, sidbha007 said:

For me too the status changed to approval on 10th March, but i have not yet received the updated approval notice.

My processing center was Nebraska. I will update incase i receive in next few days.

It looks like some other folks from Nebreska center started to receive the notices, please check with your firm if they received any tracking number etc

Just signed up here to give you an update. Mine was processed in Nebreska, I noticed lawyer last Thursday (03/09), and USCIS status changed to (03/10) early this week. My lawyer told me this morning they already received new I-797 and mailed to me. I'm expected to receive it by next Monday.

8 hours ago, paniniok said:

Just signed up here to give you an update. Mine was processed in Nebreska, I noticed lawyer last Thursday (03/09), and USCIS status changed to (03/10) early this week. My lawyer told me this morning they already received new I-797 and mailed to me. I'm expected to receive it by next Monday.

Thanks Paniniok for reporting..You set a great example for helping and sharing informing other folks who are in the same boat..There are many folks on here who reported earlier on and then disappeared (presumably they got their stuff taken care of) without reporting final outcome. I would request other folks not to be mean and report which can be helpful to other folks

On 3/16/2017 at 0:07 PM, Raj19744200 said:

It looks like some other folks from Nebreska center started to receive the notices, please check with your firm if they received any tracking number etc

I have not yet received my i797 though i am from Nebraska and got notice update on 10th Mar. And no one is trying to be mean :) we are all in the same boat. Hope we all get it soon. As soon as i get it will report here too :)

Hi,

Even I am under the same situation, however my case is that the the error was on the approval for the amendment filed(client is same and role is same, there was a change in salary hence the amendment). So I am having a valid petition and stamping on my VISA . The plan was to travel on 25th of this month, will it be an issue at the POE? Had anyone traveled as it was a mistake from USCIS?

On 3/16/2017 at 0:07 PM, Raj19744200 said:

I was mailing my immigration everyday for any updates, but they didn't recieve any tracking number till now. I had to postpone my trip to India

Anyone from Vermont centre saw the status update online or received the updated I797? 

Also, is it safe to go for Dropbox with the 1B1 error? Since USCIS is already aware of the error.. would this not have been communicated to the Consulates yet? Ideally there should be a circular to all Consulates explaining this scenario so that many people like us are not impacted in the transition till they take their own sweet time to send the updated document.

Guys, wanted to share update from my side - My lawyer called me today to inform that he has received the corrected I797 today. Mine was Vermont centre and there has been no change in case tracker status online.

Hop all of you get the corrected I797 soon. Good Luck to everyone !!

3 hours ago, 1B1issue said:

Anyone from Vermont centre saw the status update online or received the updated I797? 

Also, is it safe to go for Dropbox with the 1B1 error? Since USCIS is already aware of the error.. would this not have been communicated to the Consulates yet? Ideally there should be a circular to all Consulates explaining this scenario so that many people like us are not impacted in the transition till they take their own sweet time to send the updated document.

nope, so far no status changed for me...my application was from VSC. I can imagine it will be ..easily another couple weeks.

If your attorneys did KCC you will be ok, in your case you should consult them. I really do not see any issues moving forward.

I completely agree, this whole incident was kept wrapped under rug by USCIS. usually they should have post this  on their website, with timeline and stuff, when premium processing was stopped it was big news all over the world.. every organization has "interoffice memo"  kinda of things where they intimate other sister agencies of any issue..not sure if it was done or not in this case.

On 3/18/2017 at 9:23 PM, nvkotap said:

Hi,

Even I am under the same situation, however my case is that the the error was on the approval for the amendment filed(client is same and role is same, there was a change in salary hence the amendment). So I am having a valid petition and stamping on my VISA . The plan was to travel on 25th of this month, will it be an issue at the POE? Had anyone traveled as it was a mistake from USCIS?

It sound like this is different issue than what this thread is about. However in your case i done see any issue if you take salary slips..I had been thru POE more than dozen times and CBP never asked me any questions about salary other than passport and I-797

On 3/17/2017 at 10:14 AM, paniniok said:

Hi Paniniok, what is your status showing now on USCIS site?. If possible can you please  copy the exact status here?

Archived