All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Raajd

Citizenship processing delays in Denver field office

Hi,

I have applied for citizenship in Denver in August 2016 and biometrics were completed in September 2016. There is no update since then. Any idea how long it takes to get interview appointment?

In Order,

1. Get an INFOPASS appointment.

2. contact the Federal Senator, maybe Michael Bennett. Talk to his office with the person dealing with Immigration matters.

3. Get a lawyer involved if no joy in a few weeks in terms of some information about what is happening. Maybe a writ of Mandamus? if the lawyer advises.

4. The  ombudsman?

They seem to be processing MAY, 2016. It is quite possible that if you give it a couple of months, you will have the oath ceremony scheduled.

Remember to vote for reason once you become a citizen.

This seems to be the case with most of the service centers. I think these delays are pertaining to the new systems being implemented from beginning of this year (Google ELIS). You should check N-400 performance data report to understand how clogged your service center is.

Hello,

I just came across your post. It took me just about 12 months to get my interview. I presume you would have already finished the process by now. If not, then you should be worried.