Eb3 to eb2 same employer ( masters in mech , working as a mech design engineer)

Abby1

I have a 4 years bachelors degree in mechanical engineering (from India)  and a masters in mechanical engineering (from the US) . I have an approved I 140 under eb3 professional ( Jan 2014 PD) . I also have 10 + years of experience now with the same company and I have been the only engineer in my company for a long time now ( the company won't let me go and it's a very reputable company with a high profit margin)I have been thinking about asking them for a promotion from design engineer to either senior design engineer or senior project engineer, to port to eb2 . Do you think it will help in porting to eb2 ? 

Existing experience with the company is not usable unless the new job is 5o% different and you should ask them whether they can solve this problem for you by looking for a specific suitable job for you which would qualify for EB2. Nothing stops you from getting a job with another company involving EB2. If you are so important to the company they should be able to have their Lawyer deal with it suitably.

Archived