Change Of Status Filing F1 to H4 (with H4 EAD)

krs563

On 2/9/2017 at 2:57 PM, krs563 said:

Hello,

I'm planning to file COS (H4) for my wife who is currently on F1 status. What is the best & fastest way of doing H4 change of status along with H4 EAD filing.

Thank you.  

Fastest way: Your wife can go out of country and get H-4 stamped, come back and then apply for H-4 EAD.

Best way: Apply for change of status to H-4 and H-4 EAD concurrently. I applied same thing for my wife last year in October and got it approved in 5 weeks. But as you know change of status in US sometimes takes a lot of time. For my other friends it took almost 6 months.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you Shekar11 for your reply. probably the option-1(go out of country) won't work for me because my wife is currently working on STEM OPT. 

I did a concurrent filing for (1)change of status from F1 to H4 & (2)H4 EAD. Both the applications are sent in a single parcel, but i have noticed the filing fee deduction hapened for one application which is of $370 for COS and not for H4 EAD application. Is this going to be deducted / processed in later date? By chance do you have any info on this concurrent filings ?

Archived