Green Card Holder: Should I apply for US Citizenship?

IT_guy15

Hello,

I am eligible to apply for US citizenship as I have been a green holder for over 5 years. I have been in a dilemma as to whether to obtain US citizenship or not. Here are my questions:

• Besides being an IT professional, I have a part-time business. What are pros and cons of obtaining US citizenship (when compared to green card) while living in the US if I go full time into business?

• I have some agricultural land in India that I inherited. Will obtaining US citizenship prevent me from owning agricultural land in my birth country – India?

• Considering the immigration situation this year 2017, is it advisable to apply for citizenship now or should I wait for some more time?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks

-As a citizen you can vote and cannot be kept away from the USA. As a GC you remain an Indian citizen and travel would mean getting visas for most countries . You should consider becoming a citizen.

-That is up to Indian Law and you should discuss that with an Indian Lawyer.

- what situation? Everything remains the same except for citizens of a few countries. Apply as soon as you are able to and never forget the fuhrer.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived