EAD/AP renewal under extended review

redsoxam

My EAD/AP is expiring on 15th Feb; 2017. I applied for EAD/AP renewal in October 2016 to receive it on time & my receipt date is 16th October, 2016. I did not receive the renewal after 90 days so I called couple of times to USCIS service center and they said that it's under process. I raised a service request on 27th Jan,2017 and got the an email from USCIS that my EAD/AP renewal case is currently under extended review.

At the same time, my wife got her EAD/AP approvals within 3 months.

Does anyone has any idea on this type of situation & what we can do?

Thanks...

Yes, I am eligible for an automatic extension of 180 days. The status from USCIS says - 'it's under extended review' though it is more than 100 days since they received my application. I applied at TSC. 

My only concern is 'what does extended review mean?'. I have not received any communication from USCIS to provide any more documents. How much time it would take to resolve the case?

Hi,

My EAD expired on Feb 01 2017, However, I applied for a renewal on October 11, 2016, I still did not receive my EAD on Hand, Am I eligible to work based on the new rule of Automatic Extension of EAD if filed before the Expiry date. Should I wait until I get my EAD card on Hand to start work. Right now I am not working.

Archived