N400 Interview - USCIS Changing Scheduled Date?

oferrer

Hello all,

I received my N400 Interview Notice back in December with a scheduled date for the first week of February.

This morning I received a call from someone who said was from my local field office, telling me the notice I received in December was sent by mistake. He said that due to scheduling conflicts at the local office I should not appear for the interview as currently scheduled, and I should wait for a new notice with a different date sometime in April.

The call sounded somewhat suspicious to me in that in the 10+ years I've been dealing with USCIS they've never contacted me by phone, and also the person emphasized so many times I should not appear on my scheduled date it almost sounded like a scam call, even though they never asked for any personal information. My wife, who also submitted her application at the same time I did and has an interview for the same day also received the call.

Is this normal procedure? Has anyone here received similar calls? I will be calling the main USCIS number to confirm with an agent, but wanted to share and see if anyone else had a similar experience.

Archived