H1B ext approved - still valid visa - Do I need to go for visa Interview

the1

Hi All,

Please suggest on below question,

I have a valid visa till May'2017 and recently got H1B extension till May'2020. Since there is so much ambiguity on travelling to INDIA. Do I need to go for visa interview if I travel to INDIA even if I valid visa?

• Can I come back to USA with old visa and with new H1B extension and also there is no change of employer.
  • can I use drop-box in INDIA?

I had the same thing . Please do get the stamping done. I got my extension till march 2020 but traveled to South Korea in November 2016. I had my previous visa stamped till March 2017. On the way back the POE officer only issued the i94 till march 2017 (my visa date) . She mentioned you should have got the stamping done when you were out of the county. The POE officer even refused to see the new i797.

Don't take your chances.  All this was before the Trump time. Imagine what would happen now.

So i rushed to mexico for the stamping in JAnuary 9th 2017 for the Visa .

3 hours ago, raavij said:

you can go when you are returning at port of entry you need to show the new approved I-797 so that your i-94 will be issued up to 2020.

drop box is suspended temporarly

Thanks Raavij, for your input. One question,

trying to understand in what scenario at port of entry(POE) they will not allow to enter into US. one scenario obviously VISA is expired even if you have new approved I-797.

one year back, in my case, I have reentered USA while H1B( change of employer) petition was in-processing and with valid old visa, Officer was saying, my new H1B petition should not be approved at the time of POE). And you are saying I can re-enter with approved I-797? can you or anybody suggest or any pointers to any other websites.

Archived