Wrong W2: intentionally given by Employer

Sam27012017

Dear Team,

I came to the USA on H1B spent 10months in 2016, but my Employer has given W2 only for 5 months. When I ask why W2 shows only for 5 months than 10 months, Employer answered they RAN only for 5 months.

In the 10 months duration, I asked multiple times whether payroll is running or not - they answered it was running. I do have email proof also for this. But W2 is showing/given only for 5 months.

Employer says once W2 is generated we can't do/modify anything and DON't ASK AGAIN THAT.

Kindly suggest how do I get correct W2 and will it be any problem for me in the future..?. 

Thanks in advance.

12 hours ago, Sam27012017 said:

Dear Team,

I came to the USA on H1B spent 10months in 2016, but my Employer has given W2 only for 5 months. When I ask why W2 shows only for 5 months than 10 months, Employer answered they RAN only for 5 months.

In the 10 months duration, I asked multiple times whether payroll is running or not - they answered it was running. I do have email proof also for this. But W2 is showing/given only for 5 months.

Employer says once W2 is generated we can't do/modify anything and DON't ASK AGAIN THAT.

Kindly suggest how do I get correct W2 and will it be any problem for me in the future..?. 

Thanks in advance.

Addition to it, I got frustrated(they will not give Payslips on monthly basis, gives only once for year no matter you are in job or not. Not only to me he does same with every consultant in our company) with my Employer and looking for H1 transfer. That is the reason 15 years old company but only around 15 consultants are working.

Is it any problem If I do H1 transfer before I get the corrected W2.

Your employer can get that corrected and provide you a w2c. I got that done when my employer reported the taxes to a wrong state. It is possible. Not having pay slips for 5months and staying on H1B in the US can result in complications during your GC process where they do more scrutiny. 

this is alarming situation, this comes under H1b fraud.

You said you have confirmed with your employer if payroll is running to not? I am confused weren't you receiving money in your account? if not you are in trouble.

forget about GC, this will haunt you in H1b transfer, extensions etc. 

Only way getting out of is, to file a complain.

This is a serious matter.

Archived