Final J1 waiver from USCIS

ketanadkar

Hi All

I am writing here so that I can get some help in following up with USCIS for my J1 waiver. I have received favorable recommendation from DOS on 12/20/2016 however havent heard anything from USCIS yet. I havent received the receipt for the J1 waiver from USCIS yet. The worrying part is that when I call USCIS customer care number they tell me they dont know anything about DOS & the only form they understand is form I612 however my J1 waiver is based on no objection & I dont need to file for i612 , I also asked them to help search my receipt number however the response I get is my information is not yet in their system.

SO I am really getting concerned now as its been more than a month DOS has send a favorable recommendation to USCIS & till now there is no entry in USCIS system. So is there anyone sailing in the same boat ? are there people waiting for USCIS reply for getting their final J1 waiver & if yes how do we follow up with USCIS to find my J1 waiver application & if possible expedite the process.

18 hours ago, ketanadkar said:

Hi All

I am writing here so that I can get some help in following up with USCIS for my J1 waiver. I have received favorable recommendation from DOS on 12/20/2016 however havent heard anything from USCIS yet. I havent received the receipt for the J1 waiver from USCIS yet. The worrying part is that when I call USCIS customer care number they tell me they dont know anything about DOS & the only form they understand is form I612 however my J1 waiver is based on no objection & I dont need to file for i612 , I also asked them to help search my receipt number however the response I get is my information is not yet in their system.

SO I am really getting concerned now as its been more than a month DOS has send a favorable recommendation to USCIS & till now there is no entry in USCIS system. So is there anyone sailing in the same boat ? are there people waiting for USCIS reply for getting their final J1 waiver & if yes how do we follow up with USCIS to find my J1 waiver application & if possible expedite the process.

Same situation like you. DOS sent recommendation on 12/21/2016, but so far haven't heard anything from USCIS. I call USCIS for nearly 10 times and they keep saying that I am not in their system.

Desperately anxious now...

@Charu

Thanks for that email id. That email id is of USCIS operations center. PFB the details :

Send an email to the respective service center & if you dont get a response then email to the address provided by Charu which is of USCIS Headquarters Office .

USCIS Service Centers

If you contacted the National Customer Service Center with a case-related inquiry and more than 30 days have passed and you have not received a response, you may email the appropriate USCIS Service Center with your inquiry:

If you do not receive a response within 21 days of contacting the Service Center, you may contact the USCIS Headquarters Office of Service Center Operations by email at SCOPSSCATA@dhs.gov.

14 hours ago, ketanadkar said:

@Charu

Thanks for the email. whose email address is this ?

@qingshuiyiju ,

I know man .. its frustrating... I have called USCIS like 20 times now... but same reply... lets keep in touch & update on the progress. Also let me know if you are sending any emails / making any calls & you get any update on your case...

I sent emails to Vermont Service Center but no reply.

Let's keep in touch.

Are your case based on No Objection Statement? Do you provide both current address and mailing address in DS3035?

3 hours ago, qingshuiyiju said:

I sent emails to Vermont Service Center but no reply.

Let's keep in touch.

Are your case based on No Objection Statement? Do you provide both current address and mailing address in DS3035?

Hi 

Yes its based on No objection.. what about you? If I remember correctly I have given both address.. but how does it matter?

2 hours ago, ketanadkar said:

Hi 

Yes its based on No objection.. what about you? If I remember correctly I have given both address.. but how does it matter?

I am also No Objection.

I just gave them my current address. I once thought they did not find my mailing address so my receipt does not come.....

What will you do right now? Every time I call, USCIS officer told me that I should wait two more weeks....But after two more weeks still nothing...

On 1/31/2017 at 4:58 PM, qingshuiyiju said:

I am also No Objection.

I just gave them my current address. I once thought they did not find my mailing address so my receipt does not come.....

What will you do right now? Every time I call, USCIS officer told me that I should wait two more weeks....But after two more weeks still nothing...

The address should not matter as long as you have provided correct address on the form it should be ok.

I am confused man am not sure what to do.. I have sent email to the vermount service center..also have sent mail to lockbox to check on the status..

If we can get contact from USCIS waiver review division then we ahould be able to get some update..

do you have any idea of how to get waiver division contact?

anyone else if has any contact please post here

3 hours ago, ketanadkar said:

The address should not matter as long as you have provided correct address on the form it should be ok.

I am confused man am not sure what to do.. I have sent email to the vermount service center..also have sent mail to lockbox to check on the status..

If we can get contact from USCIS waiver review division then we ahould be able to get some update..

do you have any idea of how to get waiver division contact?

anyone else if has any contact please post here

You received the hard copy of recommendation from Department of States, right?

Do you think our recommendations have been received by USCIS but have not been put into system, or USCIS did not receive them at all? Do we need to contact Department of States?

9 hours ago, qingshuiyiju said:

You received the hard copy of recommendation from Department of States, right?

Do you think our recommendations have been received by USCIS but have not been put into system, or USCIS did not receive them at all? Do we need to contact Department of States?

Hi 

yes I received hard copy from DOS.. am not sure if USCIS has received it or not.. If you see vermount center is processing 10/12/2016 j1 waivers... so one mind of me says it will take some time to get to Dec but they should atleast have put it in system.. I would reach out to dos as well however the problem is these guys dont reply over emails.. its so frustrating..

by any chance do you have contact number of waiver review department vermount service center let me know..

i will update if I get it.. next time I call USCIS I am gonna ask them

3 hours ago, ketanadkar said:

Hi 

yes I received hard copy from DOS.. am not sure if USCIS has received it or not.. If you see vermount center is processing 10/12/2016 j1 waivers... so one mind of me says it will take some time to get to Dec but they should atleast have put it in system.. I would reach out to dos as well however the problem is these guys dont reply over emails.. its so frustrating..

by any chance do you have contact number of waiver review department vermount service center let me know..

i will update if I get it.. next time I call USCIS I am gonna ask them

I also received hard copy from DOS back in December. But 10/12/2016 processing time is actually as of 11/30/2016. I heard from other forum that those whose recommendation was sent in early December have already been approved by USCIS. Maybe for the next two weeks USCIS will process our cases if they received them.

Actually in the upper left of recommendation letter there's the address of the Waiver review division of Vermont Service Center...Maybe we can write a letter and attach the copy of recommendation letter and mail to them, if things get worse...

I Just made another phone call to USCIS....Still no case related to my name...

8 hours ago, qingshuiyiju said:

I also received hard copy from DOS back in December. But 10/12/2016 processing time is actually as of 11/30/2016. I heard from other forum that those whose recommendation was sent in early December have already been approved by USCIS. Maybe for the next two weeks USCIS will process our cases if they received them.

Actually in the upper left of recommendation letter there's the address of the Waiver review division of Vermont Service Center...Maybe we can write a letter and attach the copy of recommendation letter and mail to them, if things get worse...

Hey Its great to hear that people who had got approved in early dec have received the approvals from USCIS. I hope we soon get the approvals, Actually its a great idea to write to the address mentioned on the address however I am not sure if they will reply back.. but we can give it a shot. Me too got same reply from USCIS :(.

Also what other forums are you following for J1 waiver ? can you please send the links ?

19 hours ago, ketanadkar said:

Hey Its great to hear that people who had got approved in early dec have received the approvals from USCIS. I hope we soon get the approvals, Actually its a great idea to write to the address mentioned on the address however I am not sure if they will reply back.. but we can give it a shot. Me too got same reply from USCIS :(.

Also what other forums are you following for J1 waiver ? can you please send the links ?

But those who get approved recently received receipt notice from USCIS in December...

I also search information in the forum of visajourney.com- J1 waivers

On 2/3/2017 at 3:59 PM, qingshuiyiju said:

But those who get approved recently received receipt notice from USCIS in December...

I also search information in the forum of visajourney.com- J1 waivers

qingshuiyiju

Well yes that means that they would have got approved from DOS probably a month or so before. I checked the processing time for vermount service center & it shows 10/10/2016, they have not updated the same in long time. Also I am not sure if this applies to us as our case is no objection.

What USCIS center your application been sent to ? Mine is vermount. I guess yours is also vermount.

I-612 Application for Waiver of the Foreign Residence Requirement Application for a waiver of the 2-year foreign residence requirement based on exceptional hardship or persecution October 10, 2016
17 hours ago, ketanadkar said:

qingshuiyiju

Well yes that means that they would have got approved from DOS probably a month or so before. I checked the processing time for vermount service center & it shows 10/10/2016, they have not updated the same in long time. Also I am not sure if this applies to us as our case is no objection.

What USCIS center your application been sent to ? Mine is vermount. I guess yours is also vermount.

I-612 Application for Waiver of the Foreign Residence Requirement Application for a waiver of the 2-year foreign residence requirement based on exceptional hardship or persecution October 10, 2016

yes mine is also Vermont. 

I am really anxious now...Do you have any updates?

7 hours ago, qingshuiyiju said:

yes mine is also Vermont. 

I am really anxious now...Do you have any updates?

NO updates the same old story .. :(... I am not sure what to do now.. Dipi & Scarlet have received their receipt from Vermount center on 01/19/2017 however our cases were submitted to Vermount on 12/20/2016 & still no update... not sure what needs to be done..

Did you consult a lawyer.

2 hours ago, ketanadkar said:

NO updates the same old story .. :(... I am not sure what to do now.. Dipi & Scarlet have received their receipt from Vermount center on 01/19/2017 however our cases were submitted to Vermount on 12/20/2016 & still no update... not sure what needs to be done..

Did you consult a lawyer.

I don't consult a lawyer. 

Did you receive email replies from DOS?

On Thu Feb 02 2017 at 10:32 AM, qingshuiyiju said:

Can you please give the number of USCIS your calling too. Which number are you dialing to speak with a person. 

On 1/29/2017 at 5:32 PM, qingshuiyiju said:

Same situation like you. DOS sent recommendation on 12/21/2016, but so far haven't heard anything from USCIS. I call USCIS for nearly 10 times and they keep saying that I am not in their system.

Desperately anxious now...

I got the same situation here. DOS sent recommendation on 12/21/2016, and didn't get anything from USCIS since then.. Do you guys have any updates now? Thank you.

4 hours ago, mao said:

I got the same situation here. DOS sent recommendation on 12/21/2016, and didn't get anything from USCIS since then.. Do you guys have any updates now? Thank you.

oh my god! we are exactly the same. I don't have any updates. I sent several emails but no one replies. I call USCIS for more than 20 times and they say nothing in their system found to be related to my name. Did you try to do something yet? Did you call USCIS and ask them to look up your name?

15 hours ago, mao said:

I am on the same boat :(

I received a favorable recommendation from DoS on 20th December 2016, and they forwarded the case to USCIS. The USCIS don't have any record of my application, and it has been almost 50 days. I have not received any receipt notice from USCIS.

Any updates for @mao @qingshuiyiju @ketanadkar ?

2 hours ago, nextbig234 said:

I am on the same boat :(

I received a favorable recommendation from DoS on 20th December 2016, and they forwarded the case to USCIS. The USCIS don't have any record of my application, and it has been almost 50 days. I have not received any receipt notice from USCIS.

Any updates for @mao @qingshuiyiju @ketanadkar ?

No updates. Did you try to contact department of state or uscis or vermont service center?

I feel so bad......

Archived