Looking to file a divorce. What is the process ?

123whoknows

We were married in India 3 years ago under the Christian Marriage Act. We were dating before that for 8 years. We have no kids yet.

Last week I learnt that my wife has had an affair, where she got pregnant and now she is aborting the child. The other guy does not want to do anything with this, as he was only in for the fun ride. I am very confused what to do now....file a divorce or give her a second chance.

We currently both are on our own H-1B visas (I-20 filed) and reside in the Pennsylvania state. 

Few questions on this 

- If I divorce in the USA, will that be legal and binding elsewhere, including India ?

- Do I meet an attorney to get a divorce, even if this will be an uncontested divorce ?

Sorry I am too emotional to think straight. Any help and assistance provided, would be truly appreciated.

You should involve a divorce lawyer in the state where you are a resident should you want to go ahead. If you attend church the Christian thing to do may be to talk to the Pastor/Priest about the matter. Is there any reason why you cannot talk to your companion of 8 years about the matter.?

I do agree it is not a simplistic matter. I would refer you to "MATTHEW 7:1-5".

The Bible (or any other religious book) has nothing to do with civil proceedings of marriage or divorce.

Bible texts are often contradictory. And there are passages in the Bible that ok incest and rape...

I suggest reading Richard Dawkins...

Archived