H1B Visa stamping with Domestic Violence reocrd

Hello,

I was charged with a domestic violence. My case was dismissed after 6 months. My case is also approved for expungement. I went for Visa stamping in India, They asked me about the incident, I told the details and submitted the certified disposition copy. Then the visa officer told, It will be under "Admin processing" till they verify this. Finally after 2 weeks, I collected my passport, But the visa is not stamped, Rather I got a letter asking to submit the police report and come for interview again. Could you please  Let me know will they approve or reject my visa. Will that be a problem. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

- Rajansamy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2017 at 11:39 AM, Rajanswamy said:

Hello,

I was charged with a domestic violence. My case was dismissed after 6 months. My case is also approved for expungement. I went for Visa stamping in India, They asked me about the incident, I told the details and submitted the certified disposition copy. Then the visa officer told, It will be under "Admin processing" till they verify this. Finally after 2 weeks, I collected my passport, But the visa is not stamped, Rather I got a letter asking to submit the police report and come for interview again. Could you please  Let me know will they approve or reject my visa. Will that be a problem. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

- Rajansamy

Can you reply back with what happened with your case. I am in a similar situation with multiple arrests records. I believe they will check your reports and stamp your Visa

• 1 year later...

Hi guys any update on your cases please will help a great deal. My husband is in a similar situation. After drop box they have basked hi. To come in for in person interview taking all court docs as well as arrest records. The arrest record is what is concerning. The case was dismissed and expunged and we have all the court docs.

plz advise. Thanks

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 years later...