N400 pending for close to a year due to background check

bhattacharya

Hi All,

I applied for my N-400 in the Seattle office on Feb 4, 2016. My biometrics was completed on March 1, 2016. I haven't had any updates on my status since then.

I did multiple online status update requests. A single infopass appointment. Contacted both my senators - Murray and Cantwell. Written to the ombudsman. The senators were told that my application is pending background check. During my infopass I was told that they are waiting on FBI and have no control over FBI timeframe. I haven't heard from the ombudsman yet. I have scheduled another infopass appointment for 1/18 but am not hopeful of hearing anything different from them.

Any suggestions on what my options are? Do I have a case to file a writ in federal court? Or is this only possible once an interview has been conducted.

Thanks much for the help!

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/11/2017 at 4:26 AM, bhattacharya said:

Hi All,

I applied for my N-400 in the Seattle office on Feb 4, 2016. My biometrics was completed on March 1, 2016. I haven't had any updates on my status since then.

I did multiple online status update requests. A single infopass appointment. Contacted both my senators - Murray and Cantwell. Written to the ombudsman. The senators were told that my application is pending background check. During my infopass I was told that they are waiting on FBI and have no control over FBI timeframe. I haven't heard from the ombudsman yet. I have scheduled another infopass appointment for 1/18 but am not hopeful of hearing anything different from them.

Any suggestions on what my options are? Do I have a case to file a writ in federal court? Or is this only possible once an interview has been conducted.

Thanks much for the help!

Hi Bhattacharya,

I am in same boat. Did you hear anything new during your infopass apointment on January 18th?

Archived