DUI and change of employer

cqone

I've a H-1B visa valid until Sep. 2017, which was originally issued for another organization, since then I've had a change of employer and received an I-797 notice of action approving the change. I was arrested for driving under influence on 12/30 and registered a BAC of 0.133 due to a series of unfortunate events.  As per https://www.murthy.com/2016/11/10/validity-of-h1b-visa-stamp-following-a-change-of-employer/, would I be out of status as soon as I receive a prudential revocation or be in status but just the visa would be revoked? What happens if I do not receive the email?

Also, has anybody been through a similar, unfortunate experience? I'm going to fight the DUI charges, whatever it takes, anybody has had experience with reducing the DUI to a less serious charge?

• 3 weeks later...

cqone,

Have you received any e-mail regarding your VISA revoke? I also got DUI on 12/31 night. I am really worried about 'being out of status'. I hope as JoeF said if it is only revoking VISA not being out of status. I know I made a big mistake which is costing me a lot of pain.

Archived