H1B visa revoked after being pulled over for DUI

Hello 

In my 7 years in USA , I had never done drunk driving, only day i did was due to an injury and got arrested. I am on H1b and now freaking out. They took away my license but on DMV site there are no suspensions shown.I was told it will take few days. My court date is in on Feb 14th. I have few questions and hope someone can help me out . I have already told abt this to my employee and my company immigration team. I got the revocation letter today

My only question is  I have my marriage in June, can i travel in june for stamping ?. I have read at few places its not advisable to travel within one year

My BAC level was 0.14. was out for office party and regret it why did even i go.  now I am never ever ever gone touch alcohol again . I am just freaking out and sometimes in tears for the mistake I did. 

Never did anything wrong , never got a ticket and screwed up this way :( 

Please help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Rockersingh

I can hear your pain, but just remember one thing US is not the end of the world, and its not only the place where you can live or earn. 

Now adays they are very strict about the drunk and driving, you do the level best to save you in this scenario, spend some bucks and hire someone who knows in and out of current scenario, dont trust this forum free messages, preferrably hire the best I can see Murthy forum might help you. Later what ever out come it is, its gods will!! 

Regards

JD

On 1/3/2017 at 3:49 AM, JDUMMY said:

Dear Rockersingh

I can hear your pain, but just remember one thing US is not the end of the world, and its not only the place where you can live or earn. 

Now adays they are very strict about the drunk and driving, you do the level best to save you in this scenario, spend some bucks and hire someone who knows in and out of current scenario, dont trust this forum free messages, preferrably hire the best I can see Murthy forum might help you. Later what ever out come it is, its gods will!! 

Regards

JD

JD

thanks for encouraging words. Yes I have already hired a criminal attorney and got an immigration attorney for the case. 

I agree its all god will , it is a big trauma to me and even after almost over 3 weeks , I do breakdown and feel low.

it will take some time to recover may be.

Will keep posted on the situation 

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2016 at 1:36 PM, rockersingh8 said:

Hello 

In my 7 years in USA , I had never done drunk driving, only day i did was due to an injury and got arrested. I am on H1b and now freaking out. They took away my license but on DMV site there are no suspensions shown.I was told it will take few days. My court date is in on Feb 14th. I have few questions and hope someone can help me out . I have already told abt this to my employee and my company immigration team. I got the revocation letter today

My only question is  I have my marriage in June, can i travel in june for stamping ?. I have read at few places its not advisable to travel within one year

My BAC level was 0.14. was out for office party and regret it why did even i go.  now I am never ever ever gone touch alcohol again . I am just freaking out and sometimes in tears for the mistake I did. 

Never did anything wrong , never got a ticket and screwed up this way :( 

Please help 

Thanks

If your visa is revoked you obviously need to apply for a new one when you travel out of US. Do not make a mistake of traveling before the case is closed. Even better travel after completing your sentencing. At the interview you will have to provide disposition from court and will have to go through medical panel.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/16/2017 at 10:36 AM, R V said:

If your visa is revoked you obviously need to apply for a new one when you travel out of US. Do not make a mistake of traveling before the case is closed. Even better travel after completing your sentencing. At the interview you will have to provide disposition from court and will have to go through medical panel.

Refer my detailed post. I have given all the details. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
On 7/23/2017 at 7:58 PM, rockersingh8 said:

my case got resolved and pleaded guilty for reckless driving (high speed). got probation and community service

I have couple of questions 

1) when should i apply for court disposition 

2) In DS-160, do i need to mention what i was arrested for or final conclusion 

Thanks for your help

Hey, could you please tell me what happened in the stamping in your case. I also need to go to India for stamping this year and got DWI in 2016.

Thank you so much in advance!

• 1 year later...