H4 visa in "Administrative processing" while H1B visa approved

chandu804

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chandu/Shekar,

I am in the same boat as you are. Did your Wife's H4 get approved, if yes how long did it take. I appeared for the Visa 21st Dec 2016 and got a White slip. They returned the Passport stating there will be an email sent, The Visa Officer also confirmed that I just need to answer a questionnaire, send requested documents and Passport by mail. She also stated I don't need to appear for the Interview and returned the passport with a White 221g slip. How long did it take for them to send the Email after your interview?

I read few online postings about TAL as my background is Life Sciences (Bio Tech/Bio Informatics). The VO confirmed my husband that his H1b got approved and has taken is passport. Please let me know on the next steps and any response will be surely appreciated.

Thanks, Vidya

7 hours ago, Vidya Aery said:

Hi Chandu/Shekar,

I am in the same boat as you are. Did your Wife's H4 get approved, if yes how long did it take. I appeared for the Visa 21st Dec 2016 and got a White slip. They returned the Passport stating there will be an email sent, The Visa Officer also confirmed that I just need to answer a questionnaire, send requested documents and Passport by mail. She also stated I don't need to appear for the Interview and returned the passport with a White 221g slip. How long did it take for them to send the Email after your interview?

I read few online postings about TAL as my background is Life Sciences (Bio Tech/Bio Informatics). The VO confirmed my husband that his H1b got approved and has taken is passport. Please let me know on the next steps and any response will be surely appreciated.

Thanks, Vidya

Hi All,

I am in same boat.

I got RFE (221G White slip) from mumbai consulate during H4 stamping. I am going on H4 Dependent visa as dependent. Officer asked me to submit following document after his first question  of interview about highest level of my education.  I had completed my PHD .

221g White slip has following list of document (1) Invitation (2) Resume (3) Publication (4) research (5) position (6) funding (7) travel (8) contact information.

I had submitted all documents VIA email id (Given in 221G Slip ) which were required in 221G .

Q1: After sending all docs, I didn't get acknowledgment from consulate whether they have received document from me by email . 

How can I confirm that embassy has received my email and document ?

Do they generally send acknowledgment  email to candidate ?

Q2: How long it take to complete this RFE process on such H4 visa case.?

• 8 months later...
On 06/12/2016 at 5:45 AM, chandu804 said:

Hi,

H4 visa in "Administrative processing" while H1B visa approved after we both went together for interview. Any of you know how much time does it take to clear Admin processing for H4?

Hi Chandu,

How much time did it take for your h4 to get approved?

• 3 months later...

hello,

I am in the same boat - could please let me know if the H4 has been granted, if yes, how long it took...

below is the original post i submitted  on murthy....

my wife attended H4 Visa appointment today 01/05/2018. while I am in US, I do not have a VISA but with a valid I 797.
she received a 221g white slip to submit the H4 Petition.

I am in US since 2007 with I 140 approval - my current H1 is approved with a new employer in 2016  and this is 2nd  renewal after I 140 approval.

visa officer asked few questions to my wife lie
how long you are living in US?
how many of marriage?
how many kids? my wife told one kid and showed the kid accompanied with her to the visa interview.

asked about my empoler name.

after that she was give a the 221 G

my wife and kid are scheduled to come back on 01/14/2018.

please let me know if any one had simlar issue and does anyone know what could be the issue and what are the chances of getting the visa

Thanks,

Archived