H1B Visa Interview Do I need to let them know I got 140 approved

priya162122

Hi All 

I have scheduled my Visa Interview in Vancouver in Dec 2016.

Few months back I moved from Company A to Company B. So now I am attending Interview with new I-797 approval through Company B.

I have my 140 approved through company A (I was with them for a long time) but Company A is still in negotiation with me whether to keep my 140 or revoke it.

So If a VO asks any questions related to my PERM LC or 140 what should I say? I have no paper information of my 140 apart from my previous companyA telling that I have my 140 approved. Please reply. 

Thank You!

I think there is an item in DS-160 related to this. Since you didn't mention about it, I assume you didn't answer it. If they ask I would say it is approved. But you do not have an approval copy to show them the same. I doubt VO would want to see your 140 approval copy. I would ask employer to provide a copy.  

On 11/23/2016 at 7:03 PM, priya162122 said:

Hi All 

I have scheduled my Visa Interview in Vancouver in Dec 2016.

Few months back I moved from Company A to Company B. So now I am attending Interview with new I-797 approval through Company B.

I have my 140 approved through company A (I was with them for a long time) but Company A is still in negotiation with me whether to keep my 140 or revoke it.

So If a VO asks any questions related to my PERM LC or 140 what should I say? I have no paper information of my 140 apart from my previous companyA telling that I have my 140 approved. Please reply. 

Thank You!

you should have planned this properly. U could have requested a copy of i140 directly from USCIS. Using FOIA ( freedom of information act). it would take around 3 months to get that copy from USCIS . They will send u a CD.  there is no application fee. 

if u dont have ur i140 no thats fine too. All uscis need is ur Name and Some details.   I would suggest u apply for one now. U will have a copy for urself for ur future needs. 

If VO asks about it then u can tell him that u dont have a copy with u today. Very rarely VO asks for the approved i140 copy

Thank You all for your responses.

@irarum: I did not see anything on DS-160 form asking about I-140.  I already asked my previous company about a copy of approved I-140 and they are not comfortable giving it. The manager said he should think about it and he will let me know. 

@premkalyan521: I also recently heard about FOIA and I am going it place the request for I-140. One of my friend said she placed a request for her  I-140  approved copy 6 months back and she is still waiting to hear some reply or some documents from USCIS. Since I already made plans for my Visa interview. I think I will move forward with it. Fingers crossed.

Archived