All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Pname1981

Status of old H1 changed in UCICS Website...

My H1 extension with my previous employer was approved in 2013 till Sep 2016. However I transferred my H1 to a new employer in July 2016.

The relationship with my previous employer turned sour as he was paying me less based on a new LCA. I threatened to complain to Labor dept as he was not even providing me my employment letter. 

I routinely checked my previous H1 today and i see the following : 

" On August 3, 2016, the Post Office returned your document to us. We will hold your document for 180 days or until January 30, 2017. Please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we resend the document to you. If you do not submit an online request by January 30, 2017, we will destroy your document and you will need to file a new Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, with fee "

Could any one help me as what this means..should i be worried..as I am on my new H1; I checked my I140 status and it still shows approved.

~Ram

Your employer was not even providing your  employment letter.  then how did you accept and aggreed with your employer to work. 

Did you sign on any documents. If you do recollect and revisit all those documents.

anyway nothing to worry, you already moved to different employer and also you got I-140 approval. So no issues. 

Jan 2017, so many new changes also introducing for immigrants and non-immigrants visas. you have already 1-140 so you would be beneficial out of that new rules from USCIS.

No worries and no stress out about this matter.

Hi Reddi,

The employer was fair and good for 4 years and I had no issues. But there was a change in management and things started going down and was very late before i could realize.

Also, I am only worried about the case of my employer cancelling my I-140 before Jan 2017 or if the newly elected government puts a stop on Jan 2017 changes to the immigration policy.

Edited by Pname1981