H1 Stamping at Nogales, Mexico

KKK1982

I am here, I got here on Friday 11/4

11/5 Saturday - Fingerprint appointment. Took about an hour.

11/7 Monday 9AM - Interview, took about an hour as well. 

11/7 Monday 3:45PM - Got the email to pick up my visa at 4PM, fortunately i was already walking towards the consulate to inquire.

I stayed at the Marques de Cima which is about $34 per night. Note that there is a new Marriott hotel which is right next to the US Consulate, unfortunately for me, it's opening is tomorrow (11/8). The Marques de Cima is a great hotel, old but well kept people are very nice.

Taxis in Nogales charge $50 pesos (a little less than $3 USD) to take you from anywhere in the city to anywhere in the city. At least the yellow ones and some white ones, some of them will have the price on the windshield.

If you stay in the Marriott, you will only need to get a taxi to go to the ASC (CAS in Spanish, used to be called the 'blue building'/edificio azul, though is no longer blue). The Marriott is in a mall which has Applebee's, Walmart, and even a movie theater.

Good luck, feel free to contact me for more information.

Looks like lot of holidays for US consulate in November. :(

All Soul’s Day
November 02
mx Flag
Veterans' Day
November 11
United States of America Flag
Administrative Day (Embassy & Consulates)
November 16
mx Flag
Anniversary of the Mexican Revolution
November 21
mx Flag
Thanksgiving Day
November 24
United States of America Flag
Administrative Day (Embassy & Consulates)
November 30
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/8/2016 at 11:11 AM, itsmeraj001 said:

Hey epech, Congratulations...can you share your questions...if you can share your contact details i can call you...am planning for 21 or 22nd

Hi itsmeraj001, I thought I would get a notification on my email when someone replied but I didn't. I hope everything went well.

Archived