All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Newbee0209

221g Admin Processing White Slip Hyderabad

Hi,

I went to Visa interview on Hyderabad US counsulate  for H1B Visa Stamping on October 27th 2016.  VO asked only 4 questions and given me 221g white slip. She said that she need to review my H1B Petition. She took my h1b petition  and given my passport back.  One hour later i got email asking to submit below documents.

Vendor agreements letters(if any) and Client Documents like client contracts, Statement of work, Purchase Order, Client letter

In that email they did not mention how to submit the documents (Email or drop box). I sent an email asking them how to proceed and waiting for response.  I have been in US since 10 years and never been on with out project on my H1. I came to US as Student. I am currently in 6 th year of H1 and my current visa expiring on November 19th . I recently got approved H1 Extension on I140 for next 3 years. so i thought of visiting India and get stamp visa. Now looks like i am struck. My last two times visa stamping was in Canada. This is the first time in India. I am working for same client since 6 years. my current model EVVC. Before it was EVC and i never changed my employer since day1.  Even my wife got her Visa approved two months back through drop box on my new H1.

I have collected all the documents required for submission. I don't have client contracts between client and prime vendor. They said they can not provide since its confidential. I have email confirmation saying that they can not provide those. They are okay to use that email. I have everything else client letter, PO, Vendor letters, SOW and Contract between my employer and other layer.  Are these documents enough? 

I need help to understand how long it will take normally (They are saying 60 days normal time. it could be before or after.) i have house and car in US. My wife and my 9 months daughter with me here india. 

Can any one help me what are the options I have apart from waiting? Can my wife travel to US on her H4 Visa?

Thank you in advance.

Vinay

If it is under admin processing or additional admin processing it will take 2-3 months especially during this holiday season. I was stuck in India for more than 3 months. It could take less for you as it varies by case. Yes your wife can travel back if she can manage with out you. Good luck

Hey Vinay, mine is similar situation to yours but I have stamping on 17th of November..need to talk to you... Can u give me ur contact details email or something so we can talk

You can reply to the email you got from the consulate with all those documents (I think you must have got the email from Advanced Processing unit in Hyderabad). I would also suggest attaching a copy of email from your client manager listing all the different projects you are working on currently. Also in the email, give the contact information of your client(Email and Phone number). Your case looks like a simple client verification. 

I was in the same boat 3 weeks ago in Canada. The consulate emailed my client and approved my Visa as soon as she replied. You can check my posts in this forum. Good luck!

17 hours ago, Canucks_H1bRenewal said:

You can reply to the email you got from the consulate with all those documents (I think you must have got the email from Advanced Processing unit in Hyderabad). I would also suggest attaching a copy of email from your client manager listing all the different projects you are working on currently. Also in the email, give the contact information of your client(Email and Phone number). Your case looks like a simple client verification. 

I was in the same boat 3 weeks ago in Canada. The consulate emailed my client and approved my Visa as soon as she replied. You can check my posts in this forum. Good luck!

Thank you. Your right it looks like its a simple client verification. They called me yesterday and asked me to submit the docs via email with client details. They hint me that case should not take much time. I have all the required docs i am just waiting for my company attorney supporting letter. once it get that letter i will email the docs.

22 hours ago, itsmeraj001 said:

Hey Vinay can you provide your contact details... We can discuss! 

Hi Meraj can you please email  you number on ******************@gmail.com.

Edited by MurthyAdmin
Members who wish to share their contact information may do so by updating their profile with the information they wish to share with other members.

On 10/30/2016 at 9:43 PM, viny4s said:

Thank You Kumar.  I have one more question. Can i travel using my current Visa?

You can travel since you have a valid visa. Once you get an email to drop the passport just send them the passport.

3 hours ago, kumar1128 said:

You can travel since you have a valid visa. Once you get an email to drop the passport just send them the passport.

You can travel. But once you get an email saying your visa is approved you just cannot send your passport via mail. You need to physically submit it.

I am not sure about physically submitting the passport. I have only heard one case where they asked a person to submit the passport physically. Typically I think it is through Mail. Also, I dont think you can send your passport via mail internationally. 

2 hours ago, shekar11# said:

You can travel. But once you get an email saying your visa is approved you just cannot send your passport via mail. You need to physically submit it.

Thank you Shekar. I only have 10 more days of old visa validity. I don't think its good time to travel as we don't know at POE how my I 94 validity,it will be big trouble if he gave only 10 or 20 days.  I am just wondering if i decide to travel do i have to cancel/withdraw my current Visa application? if so how long will it take and what is the process. Is cancelling visa application considered as rejection of Visa in subsequent visa applications?

Just wait and get it done. If they stamp for 3 yrs you don't need to go through same if you visit in  <3 yrs. Also, what exactly is the reason you got 221(g)?

13 hours ago, irarum said:

Just wait and get it done. If they stamp for 3 yrs you don't need to go through same if you visit in  <3 yrs. Also, what exactly is the reason you got 221(g)?

They asked me to give client letter, client contracts, PO and vendor letters. I have submitted them through email to them.

Visa Officer Questions:

VO looked so tired and looks like she got cold.

Me: Hi, How are you?
VO: Good.

VO: How are you?
Me: I am good.

VO: How long you have been working with your current employer?
Me: Around 6 years.

VO: Are you working with same employer since masters OPT?
Me: Yes.

VO: Where are you working currently?
Me: Jacksonville, FL.

VO: Who is your client and what you do?
Me: Client is XXXXX and Explained to about the projects in general. (Not same as job responsibilities which were mentioned in LCA and I129)

VO: Can you give your complete H1B petition?
Me: I have given my complete H1B petition.

VO Handed out me White slip and she said that my application requires further admin processing before issue visa. She ticked admin processing box. No documents were asked and she said I should get email from them within 5 days.

When I come out from consulate I got email saying they tried to contact me on the number which I have provided on DS 160 which is my US number. They requested to submit Client Documents like client contracts, Statement of work, Purchase Order, Client letter and asked me to give updated contact numbers.
They did not said how to submit them via email or drop box. I have contacted useless customer care they said I have to wait for two days to know how to submit them. I did not want to depend on the customer care people so I also replied same email asking how to submit them. One day later someone called me from consulate and asked me to submit the documents via email to same email address. other side as I suspected (customer care is useless) I got email from customer care people standard reply saying my case is in admin processing and it will take 60 days and they can’t prioritize. That response nowhere related to my question.

Visa Interview Date: 10/27/2016
Admin Processing White Slip: Same day of interview.
Docuemnt request email: 10/27/2016
Documents Submitted: 11/02/2016 (Submitted through email but I did not have any acknowledgement as received. So I called customer care and submitted through them then i got email reply.)
Client received email for verification: 11/14/2016
Client response to email: 11/15/2016
First update on CEAC site: date changed to 11/22/2016 and status still admin processing and received email to submit passports
Second update on CEAC site: date changed to 11/28/2016 and status changed to issued
Passport picked up: 11/30/2016 with visa stamp till petition expiry date

Total processing days after submitting documents: 16

Good Luck for everyone in who is in admin processing.

Edited by Newbee0209