Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kumar1128

CEAC Status Shows Issued after PIMS verification @Ottawa

Recommended Posts

Interview Date: 18th Oct 

Documents Kept: DS 160 and Passport

CEAC status on 18th Oct: Admin Processing

CEAC Status on 24th Oct: Issued

 

How long does it take to get the passport?  I selected CPC courier located at 

1424 SANDFORD FLEMING AVE 
OTTAWA, ON, K1G1C0 
Canada

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, kumar1128 said:

Interview Date: 18th Oct 

Documents Kept: DS 160 and Passport

CEAC status on 18th Oct: Admin Processing

CEAC Status on 24th Oct: Issued

 

How long does it take to get the passport?  I selected CPC courier located at 

1424 SANDFORD FLEMING AVE 
OTTAWA, ON, K1G1C0 
Canada

Congrats and Thanks a lot for the update frnd 

Edited by premkalyan521

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 9:21 AM, kumar1128 said:

Interview Date: 18th Oct 

Documents Kept: DS 160 and Passport

CEAC status on 18th Oct: Admin Processing

CEAC Status on 24th Oct: Issued

 

How long does it take to get the passport?  I selected CPC courier located at 

1424 SANDFORD FLEMING AVE 
OTTAWA, ON, K1G1C0 
Canada

You should have received an email yesterday, likely after you posted the above, saying your passport has already been shipped. I am doubtful you will respond anytime soon as you might already be traveling with your passport :).

In general folks, here is how it typically goes:

Your status changes to Issued sometime in the mid morning. So between 7ish to Noon you see the status updated to Issued.

Sam day around 2PM-5PM you get multiple emails, from Embassy and CPC with tracking info, package picked up etc. You can start tracking it by late evening.

Next day you will usually get your passport. If in a hurry, you can go after 12PM (ideally after 2 PM) and check if they received your passport. They will take your ID and check if they have it with them, else will use your tracking number and say in transit.

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 9:21 AM, kumar1128 said:

Interview Date: 18th Oct 

Documents Kept: DS 160 and Passport

CEAC status on 18th Oct: Admin Processing

CEAC Status on 24th Oct: Issued

 

How long does it take to get the passport?  I selected CPC courier located at 

1424 SANDFORD FLEMING AVE 
OTTAWA, ON, K1G1C0 
Canada

Also,Kumar, others have asked this as well. How do you know it was PIMS. Can you please share for others benefit? Did they put "NO PIMS" at the back sticker on your passport or the VO tell you that? It would be good for folks to know how to definitely determine PIMS or not.

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, RoSogolla_221g said:

Also,Kumar, others have asked this as well. How do you know it was PIMS. Can you please share for others benefit? Did they put "NO PIMS" at the back sticker on your passport or the VO tell you that? It would be good for folks to know how to definitely determine PIMS or not.

 

10 hours ago, RoSogolla_221g said:

You should have received an email yesterday, likely after you posted the above, saying your passport has already been shipped. I am doubtful you will respond anytime soon as you might already be traveling with your passport :).

In general folks, here is how it typically goes:

Your status changes to Issued sometime in the mid morning. So between 7ish to Noon you see the status updated to Issued.

Sam day around 2PM-5PM you get multiple emails, from Embassy and CPC with tracking info, package picked up etc. You can start tracking it by late evening.

Next day you will usually get your passport. If in a hurry, you can go after 12PM (ideally after 2 PM) and check if they received your passport. They will take your ID and check if they have it with them, else will use your tracking number and say in transit.

Received passport today and i am back in US. 

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, RoSogolla_221g said:

Also,Kumar, others have asked this as well. How do you know it was PIMS. Can you please share for others benefit? Did they put "NO PIMS" at the back sticker on your passport or the VO tell you that? It would be good for folks to know how to definitely determine PIMS or not.

Actually i just checked our passports and on sticker there is something written as "TCN" don't know thats code for NO PIMS but VO told me during the interview that my petition is not in their system.

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, RoSogolla_221g said:

Also,Kumar, others have asked this as well. How do you know it was PIMS. Can you please share for others benefit? Did they put "NO PIMS" at the back sticker on your passport or the VO tell you that? It would be good for folks to know how to definitely determine PIMS or not.

I'm in same situation...

Today I attended the H1 Renewal interview and during check in i saw they wrote No PIMS on my I797 copy. This is happening second time in a row and first time was 2013 with same consulate. 

Here is my experience... 

VO : Good Morning

me: Good Morning , how are you doing ?

VO : Who is your Employer?

me : XX 

VO : Are you working for Employer or client?

me : Client 

VO : how long you are working with End Client ?

me : XX years

VO : What is you role ?

me : XX

VO : What are you doing in End Client ?

me : XX 

VO : There is no issues with you approval process but there is small admin processing is there and it will take couple of days more.

me : Can i expect my passport in early next week?

VO : Likely you will receive 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Just some thoughts for folks hitting or worried about PIMS issues.

1. This is not as common now as it used to be and usually gets resolved faster than other cases. Still frustrating.

2. This is something you can possibly do (may or may not help) -

Background: Most states now give Driving License only for validity of your petition (some exceptions). They use the SAVE system. As per my research, the PIMS system feeds into the SAVE system as well. I have friends who could not renew their DL because the Driving License office could not verify SAVE and put a request. Took few weeks and then everything else was good. Pretty much the SAVE system is their way of validating that your status is valid, and the timeframe your I797 shows is the same that the USCIS approved.

Action: Renew your license before going for your appointment if possible. Leave sufficient time to get your new DL back so that you can use it as ID in Canada (or elsewhere) to pick up passport. At least this cuts down the time you have to wait for PIMS in a different country. I do not know if this will work for everyone, but makes sense if you read the PIMS system information online and how it feeds into other verification systems.

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, career796 said:

I'm in same situation...

Today I attended the H1 Renewal interview and during check in i saw they wrote No PIMS on my I797 copy. This is happening second time in a row and first time was 2013 with same consulate. 

Here is my experience... 

VO : Good Morning

me: Good Morning , how are you doing ?

VO : Who is your Employer?

me : XX 

VO : Are you working for Employer or client?

me : Client 

VO : how long you are working with End Client ?

me : XX years

VO : What is you role ?

me : XX

VO : What are you doing in End Client ?

me : XX 

VO : There is no issues with you approval process but there is small admin processing is there and it will take couple of days more.

me : Can i expect my passport in early next week?

VO : Likely you will receive 

 

So if it is NO PIMS and in canada it will take max 4 business days for the visa to be issued and 1 extra day for passport pick up. If it is India or else where it might take more days.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, RoSogolla_221g said:

Just some thoughts for folks hitting or worried about PIMS issues.

1. This is not as common now as it used to be and usually gets resolved faster than other cases. Still frustrating.

2. This is something you can possibly do (may or may not help) -

Background: Most states now give Driving License only for validity of your petition (some exceptions). They use the SAVE system. As per my research, the PIMS system feeds into the SAVE system as well. I have friends who could not renew their DL because the Driving License office could not verify SAVE and put a request. Took few weeks and then everything else was good. Pretty much the SAVE system is their way of validating that your status is valid, and the timeframe your I797 shows is the same that the USCIS approved.

Action: Renew your license before going for your appointment if possible. Leave sufficient time to get your new DL back so that you can use it as ID in Canada (or elsewhere) to pick up passport. At least this cuts down the time you have to wait for PIMS in a different country. I do not know if this will work for everyone, but makes sense if you read the PIMS system information online and how it feeds into other verification systems.

So kind of u to put ur thoughts in this forum .   I agree with you . Keep doing this good work 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×