221g Blue @ Chennai Consulate

l1toh1us

Sharing my recent experience from Chennai US consulate.
Received 221g (blue) for Admin Processing.

Had H1B and H4 interview in Chennai. Been in US for 10 yrs and this is my 3 rd H1B stamping.
Visa Officer asked few basic questions and took all my documents and asked me to wait in the lobby.
After 3 hrs, they called me back to the counter and gave my passport and all docs back and gave the 221g blue slip and said they need to do additional administrative processing which could take few weeks.
Not sure what to interpret from this.
I am on E-V-C model. I had all employer docs and client and vendor letters. VO seemed to happy with all docs I provided but still gave me this 221g.

Please let me know if anyone else had a similar experience.

Thanks.

11 hours ago, l1toh1us said:

Sharing my recent experience from Chennai US consulate.
Received 221g (blue) for Admin Processing.

Had H1B and H4 interview in Chennai. Been in US for 10 yrs and this is my 3 rd H1B stamping.
Visa Officer asked few basic questions and took all my documents and asked me to wait in the lobby.
After 3 hrs, they called me back to the counter and gave my passport and all docs back and gave the 221g blue slip and said they need to do additional administrative processing which could take few weeks.
Not sure what to interpret from this.
I am on E-V-C model. I had all employer docs and client and vendor letters. VO seemed to happy with all docs I provided but still gave me this 221g.

Please let me know if anyone else had a similar experience.

Thanks.

Its quiet common . Please don't panic and do update this thread once you clear the visa stamping process

Special Note to l1toh1us:  Please kindly update this thread when you clear the visa interview process.

Many of the members on this forum will be eagerly waiting to know what happened to your case. If in future if any one has to go through the same situation they will not know what finally happened to your case. 

Please kindly update, if you ignore, you may not receive any help from any of the members from this forum in future .

Hello guys

l1toh1us , hope you get your visa soon!

I had my Visa interview in Chennai consulate recently. Its my first time scheduling an interview after getting my H1-B approved (I started work after grad school in the US & came to India to get the visa stamped and for a vacation). VO took my passport & resume and gave me the 221g blue form without ticking on any checkboxes for documents on it. He just checked the administrative processing box. Anybody had this experience?

I am hoping he did not require anything in that form, but will the consulate will ask me at some point.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

For all of you, it looks like a client verification. This is usually faster than other types of clearance. Being in India may slow things down a little bit, but contact your attorney/client and get them to email the client letter to the consulate. If not, then at least tell them to watch for any communication from the consulate.

You should be hearing very soon that it is all cleared.

Archived