Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Greencard holder - Wife in india - how can I bring her to USA?

Recommended Posts


I am a Indian citizen, green card holder waiting for my Citizenship. I just got married and want to bring my wife (Indian) to US, we did apply for her I-130 which is also approved waiting for the status date. In this situation can we apply for visitor visa for her ? Is there is any law which prohibits her to apply ?

Is there is any other way I can bring her (other than H1B).


Share this post

Link to post

It would be very hard to get a visitor visa, because that doesn't allow immigration intent.

The I-130 shows immigration intent, though.

Share this post

Link to post

Can some one explain the following


9 FAM 402.2-4(B)(4) (U) Spouse or Child of U.S. Citizen or Resident Alien

(CT:VISA-1; 11-18-2015)
(Previous Location: 9 FAM 41.31 N14.3; CT:VISA-701; 02-15-2005)

(U) An alien spouse or child, including an adopted alien child, of a U.S. citizen or resident alien may be classified as a nonimmigrant B-2 visitor if the purpose of the travel is to accompany or follow to join the spouse or parent for a temporary visit.

Based on the above, can I apply for tourist visa for my wife.

Share this post

Link to post

That's a great find! Based on that, yes, I think she could get a tourist visa.


Share this post

Link to post
On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 3:33 PM, vincentanand said:

Some of friends in similar situation, got visitor visa for their spouse. So your spouse may get it.

Hi Vincentanand,

Thanks for replying. Can you please give me some more details about which consulate they went and did they go through any attorney.

I would appreciate if you can give me some more details on this, which will be really helpful.


Thanks again,

Share this post

Link to post

My situation is also same. Can someone please tell me is it possible to get visitor visa, while green card processing is pending??? I am working in India..  my husband is in US and he has filed I130 for me and I want to go on visitor visa... please help!!!! 

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now