Please help : H1B Transfer after 6 years with I-140 approval.

Kumarc1

Hello,

Currently i am in my 6th year of H1B with Company A(Consultancy firm) which will expire on December 04 2016 , I have also soft copy of I-140 approval(approved 10 months before) with Company A. The client(Company B) that i am working for offered me a full time job who is ready to transfer my H1B. Now my confusion is..Thanks in advance for all the responses. 

If my current employer-Company A doesn't revoke I-140

1. I read in some previous postings that it would be good if i file an extension first with Company A and then transfer my H1B with Company B , is this correct ?

2. If above assumption is not correct , If i transfer my H1B with company B is it possible that i get 3 years of extension ?

3. Even though i get 3 years of extension or 1 year of extension with Company B what is the time limit for company B to start my GC Process ? Does it need to be within a year or can it go beyond 1 year ?

If my current employer-Company A revoke I-140

2. If i transfer my H1B with company B is it possible that i get 3 years of extension ?

3. Even though i get 3 years of extension or 1 year of extension with Company B what is the time limit for company B to start my GC Process ? Does it need to be within a year or can it go beyond 1 year ?

Have B file with PP and you are entitled to a 3 year extension . Then join them. Once the I-140 is revoked you cannot get extensions. Once the H1 extension based on approved I-140 is granted it stands even were the I-140 to be subsequently revoked. No time limit for any company to start the GC process. The sooner the better so you know where you stand.

• 3 months later...
On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 6:53 PM, pontevecchio said:

Have B file with PP and you are entitled to a 3 year extension . Then join them. Once the I-140 is revoked you cannot get extensions. Once the H1 extension based on approved I-140 is granted it stands even were the I-140 to be subsequently revoked. No time limit for any company to start the GC process. The sooner the better so you know where you stand.

Are you saying that I can get extension with company B and still have the 140 revoked after getting the extension? the key here is to have 140 approved at the time of the H1B extension? 140 revocation post h1b extension has no effect on the h1b?

Archived