221G OTTAWA SEP 2016

sureshbabu

Hi Guys, I got an email from the embassy to submit my passport. The passport was requested on Oct 20 but I did not receive the email from the embassy. I verified with the consulate after calling NVC for an update, as the status update date changed to Oct 21 and I was sent another email this afternoon. Calling NVC really helped in my case to verify the details.

Many thanks to Murthy Law Firm for the forums and to everyone who share their experiences here. I have learnt a lot and this forum gave me hope during my wait. I was given a BLUE 221G and it took 4 weeks to clear and to receive a request to submit my passport. Try not to be stressful (easier said than done) as we cannot do anything but to wait for the process to be completed.

My interview experience 

1. Which employer do you work for?
  2. Where did you do your Master’s?
  3. What was your final project?
  4. Was it a research project?
  5. Do you work in house?
  6. How much do you make?
  7. Where is your client located?
  8. Do you have an employer letter from your employer?
  9. Can I see your client letter?
  10. Can I see your recent pay stubs?
  11. Is this your first time coming for a H-1B interview?

After that the VO handed me a 221G BLUE and said additional processing is required and it will take 2-3 weeks. My CV was retained. I was requested on the 21st business day to submit my passport. Due to some technical difficulties I did not receive the email(please refer to my previous posts on this thread). 

Interview date: Sep 23 2016 

Request to submit passport: Oct 24 2016

Passport submitted: Oct 25 2016

Passport tracking received: Oct 27 2016

Picked up passport: Oct 28 2016 

Good luck everyone!

On 10/24/2016 at 5:52 PM, sureshbabu said:

Hi Guys, I got an email from the embassy to submit my passport. The passport was requested on Oct 20 but I did not receive the email from the embassy. I verified with the consulate after calling NVC for an update, as the status update date changed to Oct 21 and I was sent another email this afternoon. Calling NVC really helped in my case to verify the details.

Wht is the number to call NVC

• 3 weeks later...
On November 4, 2016 at 3:36 PM, Shawshank said:

My visa was issued today, 4th Nov 2016. Already sent my passport. Hoping to have it back Monday 7th Nov 2016.

Visa interview date was 13th Oct 2016, I was given 221g due to TAL.

Did you get visa till your i797 expiration date? I got 2 yrs visa instead of 3 yrs

Archived