Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Employer Verification docs for I-140 Processing - Time off for 5 months for sick leave (accident)

Recommended Posts

Hello Murthy Forum Members,

I got a question about the "Employer Verification docs for I-140 Processing".

My current employer Initiated the Green Card Processing few months ago and filed for Labour last month. Now I am in processing of collecting all of my past "Employer Verification" docs for I-140 Processing. Regarding that process I got a question, While I was working with an employer back in 2010 I met a very bad car accident in October 2010 and got bed ridden for couple of months and I am off the project at that time as I cant come in to work. I was bed ridden for couple of months but however I had to made medical visits twice every week until March 2011. I was off projects during that whole time. So technically I dont have pay checks for 5 months as I was off of project and I have to visit Hospital every three days.

So, the question comes here: When I asked my ex-employer the Employer Verification Letter and he said that he can provide me the letter saying that I worked with his company until October 2010 as he can show the pay checks until that point and also he said that USCIS reaching out to Ex-Employers about the Employees Employment details once they file for I-140. 

So what is the best way to provide documentation for my I-140 processing for this scenario as my Ex-Employer cant provide a letter saying that I worked with his company for those 5 Months? I can get the medical records explaining my situation, but not sure whats the right procedure here.. Do we need a letter from employer saying that I (Employee) met an accident and he is completely bed ridden and cant work..! Don't know how to proceed here folks..

Appreciate any inputs here people..




Share this post

Link to post

If you have a doctor's letter that you were unable to work you should be ok.

Consult with an immigration lawyer.

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now