All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shivjeet

work Authorization for paralegal

Hi,

I have one doubt here. need some clarification. A little background to make you understand my situation.

I did my Master's here in US and currently working full time on OPT (F1-student OPT). I will be married next year and my Wife has BS in LLB (5 years Degree) from India. Currently she is working as an Associate Legal in a company in India specifically in Stressed asset management and restructuring. After our marriage she want to work in U.S without doing LLM. So paralegal is the option I see here. 

But she will enter U.S on my dependent visa which can H4B if i get H1B till next year or it will F1 (Student dependent)VISA. So my question is, will doing a paralegal course will allow her to work her as paralegal on dependent visa? or after doing paralegal course, she will get some authorization to work here in US. I am not very clear with immigration part.

Can anyone throw some light on this?

Shivjeet Deoghare

A paralegal doesn't need a college degree, so an H1 for that kind of work is not possible.

49 minutes ago, shivjeet said:

So then How can she will be able to work here on Dependent VISA. Is there something else we can do?

She can't work on H4. There is no way for her to work.

3 hours ago, shivjeet said:

So then How can she will be able to work here on Dependent VISA. Is there something else we can do?

Is she eligible for H4 EAD.

What are the ways that I can explore for her to be eligible to work here in US as Paralegal?

I am not sure on what conditions an H4 EAD can be applied.

I need guidance on immigration part only. I mean what are the ways other by which she can work. If not H4, then H4 EAD or anything else ?

An H4 EAD requires that the spouse on H1 has an approved I-140. Since you are still on F1, it is pretty clear you don't have that.

She will not be able to work. Sorry, there is no way around it.