Entry in to US

Jimmy hendricks

I have a valid Visa stamp and also i am employed having supoorting employment documents. But I do have an active contract, meaning I am not working at a client (I am a consultant) but I get paid on bench. I have to travel to India now. Do you think its going to be an issue at the immigration while returning as I may not have a valid client letter. I have everything else in place. Please let me know

Thanks,

Vipin 

13 hours ago, vipinsaxena12 said:

Of course he does not pay me on bench for ever but he does for a month

On H1, you have to get paid all the time.

If he stops paying you, he has to lay you off (and pay for your flight back to your home country, if you want to go back.)

Find a better employer, not a shady consulting company.

11 hours ago, JoeF said:

On H1, you have to get paid all the time.

If he stops paying you, he has to lay you off (and pay for your flight back to your home country, if you want to go back.)

Find a better employer, not a shady consulting company.

You are right that he should pay as per law

But all these consulting companies are created as a result of sucking rules and wait time for green card formed by USCIS leading to low wages and bonded labor in which lawyers have also helped....Lawyers should help with I140 EAD, greencard backlog issues

12 hours ago, nvedia said:

You are right that he should pay as per law

But all these consulting companies are created as a result of sucking rules and wait time for green card formed by USCIS leading to low wages and bonded labor in which lawyers have also helped....Lawyers should help with I140 EAD, greencard backlog issues

Well, if a company doesn't pay, the solution is to file a complaint with DOL on form WH4.

And find a better employer.

Nobody forces anybody to work for a shady consulting company. Whining doesn't help, filing a WH4 helps.

And whining about backlogs doesn't help, either, because that's under control of Congress. The Republicans don't want change of the immigration laws. And if Trump gets elected, things would get much worse.

Contrary to what you seem to believe, lawyers try to help. AILA is lobbying for backlog relief, but the majority in Congress doesn't care.

On 9/22/2016 at 11:42 AM, JoeF said:

Well, if a company doesn't pay, the solution is to file a complaint with DOL on form WH4.

And find a better employer.

Nobody forces anybody to work for a shady consulting company. Whining doesn't help, filing a WH4 helps.

And whining about backlogs doesn't help, either, because that's under control of Congress. The Republicans don't want change of the immigration laws. And if Trump gets elected, things would get much worse.

Contrary to what you seem to believe, lawyers try to help. AILA is lobbying for backlog relief, but the majority in Congress doesn't care.

Please show me instances where lawyer has helped and prove me wrong. Writing articles doesn't help much

AILA has lobbied big time against the I140 EAD rule and watered it down (see comments submitted by AILA/murthy firm on regulations etc). Source is opensecrets

Most law firms would just keep writing articles to distract or just go against the backlog community

20 hours ago, nvedia said:

Please show me instances where lawyer has helped and prove me wrong. Writing articles doesn't help much

AILA has lobbied big time against the I140 EAD rule and watered it down (see comments submitted by AILA/murthy firm on regulations etc). Source is opensecrets

Most law firms would just keep writing articles to distract or just go against the backlog community

100% agreed.

On 9/22/2016 at 10:42 AM, JoeF said:

Yes, they are helping a lot. Infact they contacted all countries President to help remove GC backlog and also planning to take action against Saudi govt for 911 attacks and recently NASA announced that AILA came forward to help them in finding water on Pluto.

On 9/25/2016 at 11:16 AM, nvedia said:

Please show me instances where lawyer has helped and prove me wrong.

My own case. A good lawyer suggested using Consular Processing for my GC. That cut the time down significantly for me. At that time, even if the PD was current, an I-485 took 3 years. Consular processing was done in 4 months.

You need to understand that everybody, including lawyers, operates in the environment given to them. If there is no chance to get everything passed, a "watered-down" approach, while it doesn't achieve everything, at least achieves some of the things we need. It is called politics. Also known as the art of compromise. You never get 100%, but getting something is a start, and things can go from there. "All or nothing" only guarantees that you get nothing. People who have been around the block once or twice understand that.

20 hours ago, JoeF said:

My own case. A good lawyer suggested using Consular Processing for my GC. That cut the time down significantly for me. At that time, even if the PD was current, an I-485 took 3 years. Consular processing was done in 4 months.

You need to understand that everybody, including lawyers, operates in the environment given to them. If there is no chance to get everything passed, a "watered-down" approach, while it doesn't achieve everything, at least achieves some of the things we need. It is called politics. Also known as the art of compromise. You never get 100%, but getting something is a start, and things can go from there. "All or nothing" only guarantees that you get nothing. People who have been around the block once or twice understand that.

And this happened few months ago? Things have changed alot after you got your GC old man, wake up....don't live in your dream world. Moreover, in your case it was a suggestion and they got paid for that. It was not a reform that changed all the legal immigrants life.

I can show you many instances with proof that they are not working for legal immigration reforms. Obviously this forum will never allow me to post that stuff.

2 hours ago, rahul412 said:

And this happened few months ago? Things have changed alot after you got your GC old man, wake up....don't live in your dream world. Moreover, in your case it was a suggestion and they got paid for that. It was not a reform that changed all the legal immigrants life.

I can show you many instances with proof that they are not working for legal immigration reforms. Obviously this forum will never allow me to post that stuff.

In my case, the lawyer posted that on his forum. I didn't pay for it.

And yeah, things have changed, for the better. You can now get 7+ year H1s, H1 transfers are way easier, there is H4-EAD, you can re-use the PD from an older I-140, you can change jobs using AC-21,...

You guys are just whining. Back then, I didn't whine. I took it like an adult.

21 hours ago, JoeF said:

And yeah, things have changed, for the better. You can now get 7+ year H1s, H1 transfers are way easier, there is H4-EAD, you can re-use the PD from an older I-140, you can change jobs using AC-21,...

whining? What about the law breakers demanding for citizenship?Freedom?

23 hours ago, JoeF said:

You need to wake up, things have changed alot...its clear that you have no understanding on how bad the current situation is and how long ppl have to wait for their GC's. You need to realize who is really working for legal reforms and who is against.

3 hours ago, JoeF said:

Nobody "demands citizenship." You need to stop watching Fox...

And what does that have to do with this topic, anyway? Please go ranting thataway --->

Legal immigrants were just asking for amendments in the existing rules not even new laws and you call it as whining. So who started this? If you have respected that and understood their pain you would have earned lots of respect. Like I said earlier, things have changed a lot but the rules haven't. Current immigration system doesn't benefit American citizens, but generates lots of revenue for shady organizations.

Whining is blaming others, like lawyers, or illegals, or what have you, who are not at fault.

Laws require the approval of Congress, both the Senate and the House of Representatives. If they don't approve laws, the only way things can change is through Executive Action or different interpretations of laws. Anything that changes law but hasn't gone through approval by Congress can get challenged, and reverted by the Supreme Court.

So, if you want to blame somebody, blame Congress. There had been a Comprehensive Immigration Reform before Congress, but they didn't want to act on it. Ask your citizen friends to vote for people who are immigrant-friendly.

Archived