221 G Calgary

sukhdeep

Hi,

I work for a known medical consulting group as a healthcare professional. I got my H1B approved last year, 2015. In June 2016, I was moved to a different state. My employer filed an H1b amendment in August and I received my I797 last week. I had an interview in Calgary on Sep 15.

The first VO, before interview, asked my DS 160 and Form I797. After that he started discussing with his colleague and started making changes online. I am not sure if it was due to my employer name for first I797 was different and for second I797 is different. I discussed that with my attorney before, he told me that they have filed as d/b/a, Since its same employer (marketing name is different).

My interview was very standard, VO asked only for DS 160 and then handed my yellow 221(g). She mentioned to me that everything looks good they just need some time for research. She asked for my resume, and said they need to look into my research and all.She had not asked me for any documents. I am a radiation worker, not sure if thats different .

Does anyone has any update, how long it takes for 221g ?

Any feedback will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Hi Sandeep... I'm in similar situation like you. I went for stamping in Calgary last week and I forgot the resume. I submitted it, waiting for update here in Calgary. my visa to usa is still valid till end of this month. but I was not sure even if I can enter into USA while my visa is in administrative processing? did you consult your legal attorney before moving back to USA when your current visa is in administrative processing?

when you submit the passport for visa.. wont there be any questions regarding travel to USA while visa is in Administrative processing?

Thanks in advance for your time. please share any legal advise you got for this situation.

@MS Chand @sandeep538- Sandeep, You mean old H1b stamp or F1? My F1 expired in 2015, but my H1B is valid till 2019. You mean you returned back on H1b? Can you please share some input? My attorney suggested me that only I can wait now. I can't go back until I get my stamping.

Interview was straightforward, what I do, How long I have been working for this client, how long I have been in US. Thats all. Then she told me everything looks good, she can't take my passport right now, but they will email me. She asked for resume and told they want to check my research.

I am also in Calgary, If you guys can be in touch for further updates. Thanks

On 9/27/2016 at 8:05 PM, Omsairam9 said:

I am planning for VISA Interview on Oct27th.  Please post VISA Experience. 

Thanks in Advance and Good Luck

Really questions were simple, where you working, what position, salary, how long in US. My interview was at 9 am, I went there around 8:15 and they started processing.

I am in Calgary at super 8 near airport until October 4th. My interview went well, approved on sep 29th. Expecting passport on October 4th.

questions:

where u work?

employer? How long he u been with employer?

whats status in Canada? When r uplanning to go back to US? 

Approved, pick up passport in 3 business days.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2016 at 11:48 AM, MS Chand said:

Hi Sandeep... I'm in similar situation like you. I went for stamping in Calgary last week and I forgot the resume. I submitted it, waiting for update here in Calgary. my visa to usa is still valid till end of this month. but I was not sure even if I can enter into USA while my visa is in administrative processing? did you consult your legal attorney before moving back to USA when your current visa is in administrative processing?

when you submit the passport for visa.. wont there be any questions regarding travel to USA while visa is in Administrative processing?

Thanks in advance for your time. please share any legal advise you got for this situation.

Did you get any response for your 221G on Sep 20?

On 9/16/2016 at 5:35 PM, sukhdeep said:

Hi,

I work for a known medical consulting group as a healthcare professional. I got my H1B approved last year, 2015. In June 2016, I was moved to a different state. My employer filed an H1b amendment in August and I received my I797 last week. I had an interview in Calgary on Sep 15.

The first VO, before interview, asked my DS 160 and Form I797. After that he started discussing with his colleague and started making changes online. I am not sure if it was due to my employer name for first I797 was different and for second I797 is different. I discussed that with my attorney before, he told me that they have filed as d/b/a, Since its same employer (marketing name is different).

My interview was very standard, VO asked only for DS 160 and then handed my yellow 221(g). She mentioned to me that everything looks good they just need some time for research. She asked for my resume, and said they need to look into my research and all.She had not asked me for any documents. I am a radiation worker, not sure if thats different .

Does anyone has any update, how long it takes for 221g ?

Any feedback will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Hello Sukhdeep, any update for your 221G case?

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 10:07 AM, Ha221 said:

Hello Sukhdeep, any update for your 221G case?

He has posted on another post regarding his experience. Search for his posts and you will find it.

He had interview on Sept 15, first status update on Oct 6th (assume clearance received by consulate), got passport back on Oct 14th. So 16 working days (including date of interview) to get the clearance.

• 2 months later...

Hello Everyone, 

I have been waiting very long to get the US B1/B2 Visa. Me and my wife applied together for the B1/B2 Visa from US Consulate General, Calgary, Canada. 

Interview Date: July 25, 2016 (They issued 221(g) Yellow and asked us to submit our CVs to the email address mentioned) 
CVs submitted: July 26, 2016 
1st Status Update: July 29, 2016 ("Administrative Processing") 

On October 05, 2016 i received an email from the US Consulate asking to submit our travel plan. 

Travel Plan Submitted: October 06, 2016 
2nd Status Update: October 19, 2016 ("Administrative Processing") 

Till now no further documents have been asked by the US Consulate. However, there was a 3rd Status Update on December 29, 2016 and the status is still "Administrative Processing". 

Is there anyone with the same situation? I have been waiting for a very long time now. I have never sent an inquiry email to the US Consulate just because they will answer what is already written on the CEAC. What should i do now? Any suggestions would be really appreciated. 

Thanks.

Archived