Use current I-797 or new I-797 which starts in future while filling Ds-160

rohit666

Hello,

I have two H-1B receipt numbers, both I-797 from the same employer. One is valid till Nov 22,2016 ( this is present, and is valid for next 3 months) and a new one, got extension from Nov 22,2016 to Nov 21,2019. 

I need to know which I-797 receipt number to use while filling DS-160 for the visa interview?

Technically, I think i should use the latest I-797 which is valid till 2019. Please confirm if i'm right.

5 hours ago, rohit666 said:

Hello,

I have two H-1B receipt numbers, both I-797 from the same employer. One is valid till Nov 22,2016 ( this is present, and is valid for next 3 months) and a new one, got extension from Nov 22,2016 to Nov 21,2019. 

I need to know which I-797 receipt number to use while filling DS-160 for the visa interview?

Technically, I think i should use the latest I-797 which is valid till 2019. Please confirm if i'm right.

Pls kindly dont post the same questions  over and over.

There are similar questions on this forum from last week. I am sure you are not making any attempt to search on this forum or google.  i totally understand you might be busy but dont expect everything to be a cake walk . Kindly put the necessary effort in solving your own problems and then come back to us with actual questions.

PremKalyan,

The context might be same but the question is different here. I have reviewed this forum and alteast i did not find any one who answered this question.

if you answered this before kindly paste the link and i can review.

I found only this link below and answer which doesn't seem appropriate so looking for more suggestions from others.

On 9/12/2016 at 6:34 AM, rohit666 said:

Hello,

You have to use the latest I-797.

Archived