Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Travel to US with Previous Employer H1 Visa Stamp with new I797 B approved petition from new employer

Recommended Posts


I have valid H1B stamping from previous employer and new I 797 B petition from new employer.  
(1)Can i use the old visa stamping which is valid and new I 797 petition approval from new employer to travel to US. kindly note new petition was applied while i am in my home country.  
(2)Does I 797 B petition approval mandates that i have to go to consulate for stamping even if i have stamping for same visa classification h1 and with validity on that. But 

Share this post

Link to post

Yes you can use your previous approved visa stamping. No problem on that. At port of entry usa show them your previously approved visa and new I 797 approval notice. They will give you I 94 dates based on your current I 797. 

Share this post

Link to post

1. You can enter with your previous visa.

2. No. However, inform the immigration office at the POE that you have changed employers and be ready to show the new petition from the new employer.

I was in the same boat until April 2016.

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now