BOOKED VISA APPOINTMENT WITH A OLD I-797.How to change EAC and start and end dates on cgifederal portal without losing appointmnet date ?

ganesha33

12 hours ago, premkalyan521 said:

U are allowed to make final changes to the actual visa appointment on the day u go for finger print appointment . Tell them that u need to use new Ds 160 or make necessary changes to existing Ds 160

I am confused.I am talking about the EAC number,START DATE AND end DATE information that we give in the portal .from what you are saying the only way to change them is during the OFC appointment ??

13 hours ago, ganesha33 said:

I am confused.I am talking about the EAC number,START DATE AND end DATE information that we give in the portal .from what you are saying the only way to change them is during the OFC appointment ??

Yes you are correct the only way to change it is during the OFC appointment.   I do understand what u meant when u said EAC Number that is the number listed on ur H1 approval document.  Its is WAC for some people. 

As far as i understood from your post. You have already submitted the DS160 and already booked visa interview slot with old H1 petition details. 

Now u have approved amended h1 petition which has new START DATE and END DATE and u will have to use those details.

so u will need to submit NEW DS160 and take the Print out of the conformaiton to the finger print OFC appoinment and tell them that u have new DS160 and u would like to use that DS160 with new START DATE and END DATE from ur Amended  H1 petition 

calling the customer care if you dont belive in my answer. 

Edited by premkalyan521
11 hours ago, premkalyan521 said:

Yes you are correct the only way to change it is during the OFC appointment.   I do understand what u meant when u said EAC Number that is the number listed on ur H1 approval document.  Its is WAC for some people. 

As far as i understood from your post. You have already submitted the DS160 and already booked visa interview slot with old H1 petition details. 

Now u have approved amended h1 petition which has new START DATE and END DATE and u will have to use those details.

so u will need to submit NEW DS160 and take the Print out of the conformaiton to the finger print OFC appoinment and tell them that u have new DS160 and u would like to use that DS160 with new START DATE and END DATE from ur Amended  H1 petition 

calling the customer care if you dont belive in my answer. 

thanks for the detailed reply.Actually in my case I did not submit the DS-160 yet.the EAC/WAC number I am referring to is the one we fill out under "PETITIONER INFORMATION" section of the portal in ustraveldocs before we book an appointment.

can you advise now ? 

13 hours ago, ganesha33 said:

thanks for the detailed reply.Actually in my case I did not submit the DS-160 yet.the EAC/WAC number I am referring to is the one we fill out under "PETITIONER INFORMATION" section of the portal in ustraveldocs before we book an appointment.

can you advise now ? 

You will be able to change those only during the OFC finger print appointment.  I had a friend who booked visa appoinment with old h1 petition details when his amendment was pending, when amendment was approved he updated the DS160 and asked the representatives to make the necessary changes during the OFC appointment.  

Why dont you call the customer care and let them answer this question for u.

2 hours ago, premkalyan521 said:

You will be able to change those only during the OFC finger print appointment.  I had a friend who booked visa appoinment with old h1 petition details when his amendment was pending, when amendment was approved he updated the DS160 and asked the representatives to make the necessary changes during the OFC appointment.  

Why dont you call the customer care and let them answer this question for u.

thanks brother

• 2 years later...