H1B Renewal Stamping - Matamoros

Hi

I want to know if I am eligible for my H1b renewal stamping in Matamoros, Mexico.

July 2006 - Came to US on F1

Nov 2009 - 1st H1b stamping in India

Aug 2013 - H1B renewal in Vancouver, Canada

So my H1b visa expired in June 2016. I have new 797 valid till June 2019. Can I go to Matamoros for renewal stamping?

Also, should I apply for Mexico visa to enter Matamoros for US visa stamping?

Thanks

Yes, you can renew your visa in Mexico in your case. I went to Tijuana in April 2016.

If you dont have a valid US visa, then you have to obtain a Mexican visa to enter Mexico. At least this was the case in Tijuana crossing. However, this wasnt the case last year when I went with my wife for her stamping. We could enter Mexico without valid US visa also.

Obtaining MX visa is simple and it will cost you $36.

Yes, you can renew your visa in Mexico in your case. I went to Tijuana in April 2016.

If you dont have a valid US visa, then you have to obtain a Mexican visa to enter Mexico. At least this was the case in Tijuana crossing. However, this wasnt the case last year when I went with my wife for her stamping. We could enter Mexico without valid US visa also.

Obtaining MX visa is simple and it will cost you $36.

thanks rohit. i will talk to mexican consualte for visa.

also, can finger printing and actual interview be done on same day at matamoros so that we can receive passport same day an come back?

Archived