Priority Date Retrogression for EB2 ‘All Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed’

This week, Murthy Law Firm attorneys will answer questions regarding EB2 priority date retrogression for ‘all changeability areas except those listed’ (also commonly referred to as ‘rest of the world’) and related I-485 filings.

Rules for Topic of the Week Threads:

1. Attorney's postings contain general information only and are not a substitute for case-specific legal advice.

2. The attorney will answer only those questions which relate to the main subject. If you have a question on some other issue, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum section.

3. The attorney will not necessarily answer every question posted and may provide a single answer to a group of similar questions.

4. Please do not provide information which would identify any specific company, university or individual.

Hi Attorney.

I am from ROW and my priority date is sep 04 2015.I checked in august bulletin that priority date is not current.when can I file for I485.my I140 is in pending with premium processing.I have heard that Priority date will become current for ROW again from fiscal year 2017.is it true?

Hi Attorney.

I am from ROW and my priority date is sep 04 2015.I checked in august bulletin that priority date is not current.when can I file for I485.my I140 is in pending with premium processing.I have heard that Priority date will become current for ROW again from fiscal year 2017.is it true?

You are correct, it is expected the dates will be current again for EB2 in the new fiscal year. Alternately, you may still be able to file in July while the I-140 is pending. However, it is best to speak with your attorney before deciding to do so. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Attorney

I am reading   that the Priority dates will be current for the financial year 2017,.is that correct?. When that will be expected?

My Priority date is Feb 2012.In case of current , Would I eligible to apply for EAD or 485 for GC?

In case expected current. What all the documents I need to keep ready.

My  case is being processing by Company Lower. Do I need to tell him that to keep all the related documents ready.

Going with  H1B extension and getting VISA stamping is  a painful process  now a days with 221g issues.

Thanks

-SaiBB

Hello Attorney

I am reading   that the Priority dates will be current for the financial year 2017,.is that correct?. When that will be expected?

My Priority date is Feb 2012.In case of current , Would I eligible to apply for EAD or 485 for GC?

In case expected current. What all the documents I need to keep ready.

My  case is being processing by Company Lower. Do I need to tell him that to keep all the related documents ready.

Going with  H1B extension and getting VISA stamping is  a painful process  now a days with 221g issues.

Thanks

-SaiBB

We expect progressive movement in October 2016, however to discuss strategy and the necessary documents it is best to schedule a consult with an experienced U.S. immigration attorney. 

I was wondering if there is any info regarding the number of people with active I-140 cleared (non revoked ones) waiting for Priority dates to get current on EB2, EB3 category from highly backlogged countried like India, China,.. for years 2010, 2011.. etc. I am so far unable to find anything like that.

Does USCIS normally maintain such statistics on their side ?

-Steve

I was wondering if there is any info regarding the number of people with active I-140 cleared (non revoked ones) waiting for Priority dates to get current on EB2, EB3 category from highly backlogged countried like India, China,.. for years 2010, 2011.. etc. I am so far unable to find anything like that.

Does USCIS normally maintain such statistics on their side ?

-Steve

Nope that's not possible. This clearly shows how bad the immigration system is, and you will be surprised to know that none of the law firms demand this data.

Nope that's not possible. This clearly shows how bad the immigration system is, and you will be surprised to know that none of the law firms demand this data.

Are you serious ? That is surprising as well as dissapointing. I thought that would have given us a little more clarity about the worthyness of this wait on the EB3/EB2 categories. I am seriously weighing in on the options to migrate to Australia at this point. I have spend too much of money, life and career options dreaming for a settlement in this country. Their migration requirements for a software proffessional is challenging and I am getting interested about it now, may be like a side project for me.. Also the window there also is closing up soon. They also started talking about some queues..Good luck to all of us waiting in this Queues here.

Are you serious ? That is surprising as well as dissapointing. I thought that would have given us a little more clarity about the worthyness of this wait on the EB3/EB2 categories. I am seriously weighing in on the options to migrate to Australia at this point. I have spend too much of money, life and career options dreaming for a settlement in this country. Their migration requirements for a software proffessional is challenging and I am getting interested about it now, may be like a side project for me.. Also the window there also is closing up soon. They also started talking about some queues..Good luck to all of us waiting in this Queues here.

If your PD is beyond 2011 and its under EB-I then forget about GC. Go for Australia or some other country.

There is a way to get your GC faster than expected, but it needs your contribution. 

H.R.213 ? That is the dream bill..My employer and other employers will make sure this will ever be get passed. Many bills like this in the past has died out.. right ?

Is there some thing that people like me can do to make this a reality ?

Yes, there is. But YOU need to come forward. Can you?

Now before this thread is closed for unnecessary reasons let me explain you the action item. There are few orgns trying to make this bill pass all you have to do is contact them either on FB or directly.

Yes, there is. But YOU need to come forward. Can you?

Now before this thread is closed for unnecessary reasons let me explain you the action item. There are few orgns trying to make this bill pass all you have to do is contact them either on FB or directly.

Just so you are aware, the older threads in the Topic of the Week section are closed periodically as the attorneys generally only monitor the most recent topics. Therefore, if there is information that should be shared/maintained you can make a request for the thread to be moved to another section of the forum.  

Even if HR213 bill makes on to the floors it will be killed before becoming the law, as we saw earlier on HR 3012.

As per some website prediction my PD Jan 2013 will be current in May 2032. I think it is waste of time following any EB2 thread.

Sorry PD Jan 2013 should not be current in May 2032 but could be after 2045

Either way, yes its a waste of time following EB2 thread or keep checking visa bulletin

Our best bet is HR 213 or start working on the process of law formation and get involved in it actively

Not to forget that we would seldom get support from law firms / employers on this so no use keeping any expectations from them

Archived