Calling all Toronto 221Gs in 2016

Hi guys,

I saw  there was a very long one of the post "Calling all Toronto 221Gs

" in a forum for 221g's in 2013. I thought of following the same for Toronto consulate again. I request everyone who have attended interview in Toronto and got 221g and still awaiting the response, Please update the case in this posting with interview date, case status date (if any update), # days waiting so far  & if possible interivew experience in brief

1. Interview date & Time: May 10 8:30am

2. Case created date : May 09, 2016

3. Case Status update:  May 10, 2016

3. # of working days so far: 62 days

4. Consulate kept any docs : All h1B related documents like copies of LCA,I-140 , All prior approved H1B

5. Consulate kept Passport : NO

6. VO comment: We need a more time to look into your case.and it will take between 2-3 weeks to finished the admin Processing.

7. Color of 221g : GREEN

7. Any other info would like to share:

I think this will be helpful to track all 221g's  got in TORONTO in 2016 in one post.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a really good sign , nobody got 221G from Toronto Consulate in 2016 except me. The below is updated from my side.

1. Interview date & Time: May 10 8:30am

2. Case created date : May 09, 2016

3. Case Status update:  May 10, 2016

4. # of working days so far: 64 days

5. Consulate kept any docs : All h1B related documents like copies of LCA,I-140 , All prior approved H1B

6. Consulate kept Passport : NO

7. VO comment: We need a more time to look into your case.and it will take between 2-3 weeks to finished the admin Processing.

8. Color of 221g : GREEN

9. Visa Type : H1B

I requested to all experienced and Senior members of this forum , Please suggest/advise me what else needs to be done on this case?

Parker Thank you very much for the response. Yes, I did a couple of emails to the consulate in past days and getting the same standard reply your case is pending and Administrative processing is going on.

Have you tried approaching through congressmen ? at least have seen any change in the last updated date ?

I have not reached out to Congressmen yet. Do you think it will help?. If anyone had done in past, Please share the experience. 

there are not changes in the updated date yet. it is still showing the date of my interview, May 10, 2016.

try with congressmen, that might help. There should be something happening on your case and the date should get updated... Its like 2 months.... its time to get attorney and congressmen involved to get a updates. No case will hang in without a single update for  2 months.

Thank you for your reply Parker. I called DOS today to get status on my Case (H1) and My Wife (H4) case and they also told me the same thing , Your case is pending under administrative Processing at the Consulate. I asked them to explain what does mean it is pending under administrative Processing at the Consulate? and the lady said she do not know what is mean it.

Is that mean Our file has never sent out to DOS or any other institution for checking? and Toronto Consulate  is holding our case under administrative processing? I am a confused man , it is being 70 days of our interview and Case is still pending with no dates updated as of writing. thx

Maybe tomorrow I will try to call our area congressmen or Senator office to get them involved. 

Thank you for your reply Parker. I called DOS today to get status on my Case (H1) and My Wife (H4) case and they also told me the same thing , Your case is pending under administrative Processing at the Consulate. I asked them to explain what does mean it is pending under administrative Processing at the Consulate? and the lady said she do not know what is mean it.

Is that mean Our file has never sent out to DOS or any other institution for checking? and Toronto Consulate  is holding our case under administrative processing? I am a confused man , it is being 70 days of our interview and Case is still pending with no dates updated as of writing. thx

Maybe tomorrow I will try to call our area congressmen or Senator office to get them involved. 

also try to go to the consulate during walk-in hours afternoon with your 221g and other docs, explain your situation to the clerk outside and if you are lucky.. they might let you in to speck with some one inside. Fingers crossed. 

Thanks, Parker your input. Actually, Toronto Consulate is good in reply. Whenever I sent an email to ask about my Case Status then I got the reply on the same day or next but their Answer probably same all time. I do not think going to Consulate will expedite the Admin Processing. Even I called Senator office , I have spoken with "Constituent Service Advocate" of Senator and she is also told me the same, we can only inquiry about your case but if their answer is "Case is pending under Admin Processing" then we can not do anything in that case. She has sent me a Privacy form need to be signed before making an inquiry call.It looks to me there are no options available until Consulate comes back with a result.

As of writing nothing has changed in my Case and my Wife case. Thanks

Thanks, Parker your input. Actually, Toronto Consulate is good in reply. Whenever I sent an email to ask about my Case Status then I got the reply on the same day or next but their Answer probably same all time. I do not think going to Consulate will expedite the Admin Processing. Even I called Senator office , I have spoken with "Constituent Service Advocate" of Senator and she is also told me the same, we can only inquiry about your case but if their answer is "Case is pending under Admin Processing" then we can not do anything in that case. She has sent me a Privacy form need to be signed before making an inquiry call.It looks to me there are no options available until Consulate comes back with a result.

As of writing nothing has changed in my Case and my Wife case. Thanks

All these thing wont speed up the process, if your case stacked somewhere with out any body looking into it...probably a senators enquiry will move the dust

Hello Mine was also 221G  Yellow.

Date of Interview: July 15th.

H1B/H4's

case created :July14t.

First update: July 15t Admin process

Second update : July 19th Same admin Process

This is second time from Toronto with same type of Visa.

Last time it  was Jan 2014,  got 221g it was cleared in 4 weeks.

Last time they requested doc's . we sent through Email.

This time she didn't took any doc's and not requested any doc's ( she kept resume, I797A)

Mine is Canadian PR, but leaving is USA, came for Stamping., can't go back since earlier VISAs expired.

What is your status. would you please provide the number you called to Consulate

Seems not many people got 221g from Toronto.

Thanks

Sai

Sorry to hear that SaiBB. I got 221(g) GREEN. In your cases at least you guys are seeing some date are getting updated mine have not updated once Since the interview date. This is the number  Toronto Consulate Main line: (416) 595-1700, where I called a number of times and operator did not give me any information. Alway said email to TRTNIV@state.gov for inquiries about your U.S. visas

Then called this number 1-202-485-7600 to check the status of my application. The operator told me your case and your wife case is still pending under admin processing. I do not think so is there any way to find the status of your application and we have to wait until Consulate comes back.Thanks

Archived